Sunday, 14 February 2016

Soundtrack of My Life ~ Waves by Mr Probz






Hello Beauties!!!

So I know it has been like a  million days since I actually posted one of these posts which I do totally love but you know how life it... it literally runs away sometimes and before you know it.... months have passed. Life in Thailand has been interesting to say the least. 

I hope you are ready for another Soundtrack of my life post! This isn't a blog hop but feel free to join in and visit the very awesome blog of Robin @ Your Daily Dose
These are posts where I write about a song and the story linked to it. 


Waves by Mr Probz

In 2014 I felt like I had no control over my life. Like I was floating along with the current and life was just happening to me and I was sort of numb in a lot of ways. I made promises I didn't know how to keep and they were silently drowning me. I felt like I was really hard to love. I was literally just flowing wave after wave slowly drifting. 

At the same time my cousin was going through a similar life situation and we both fell in love with this song and it bonded us even more, if that was even possible! 

The truth was that I didn't love myself enough and unfortunately no one can actually fill that gap for you. Eventually I reached a breaking point where something had to give and had to change and somewhere in the stream I found the strength to break the cycle. 

Okay, so this post might sound a little depressing but it's more about hope for me. Sometimes you can have one song that literally carries you through a moment in your life and that is okay!!

Here are some of the lyrics that seemed to speak straight to my heart.

My face above the water
My feet can't touch the ground,
Touch the ground, and it feels like
I can see the sands on the horizon
Everytime you are not around

[Chorus:]
I'm slowly drifting away (drifting away)
Wave after wave, wave after wave
I'm slowly drifting (drifting away)
And it feels like I'm drowning
Pulling against the stream
Pulling against the stream

I wish I could make it easy
Easy to love me, love me
But still I reach
To find a way
I'm stuck here in between
I'm looking for the right words to say



No matter where you are in your life remember this: 

the good news is: nothing lasts forever, the bad news: nothing lasts forever. 

Appreciate each moment for what it is. 

Do you have a song that carried you through some tough times in your life? 

Peace out
x







StMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

Cherdo on the Flipside 

Holli's Hoots and Hollers 

THE DOGLADY'S DEN


Your Daily Dose


No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.