Sunday, 19 July 2015

The Soundtrack of My Life ~ Glycerine




Hello lovelies


So one of my blogger friend, Robin @ Your Daily Dose has a series of posts where she writes about a story or memory from her life linked to a song. I was thinking about doing something similar a while ago (before I discovered her posts) and totally loved this idea!



Initially I found it hard to think of one particular song as I love music so much ad have tons of memories linked to so many songs. Where do I start? So I consulted my good friend iTunes and found one of my all time favourite songs and realised it would be a perfect first post. 



My stories might not be as awesome or interesting as Robin's, but I will be sharing some songs that have special places in my heart and on my ipod. 



Glycerine by Bush

This is one of those songs that I will literally stop whatever I am going and listen to. It takes me straight back to my teenage years. 

The first time I heard this song, one of my friends, Chase, was playing it on the guitar and I just fell in love with it. After that, every single time there was a guitar close by I would ask him to play Glycerine for me. Eventually I didn't even have to ask #MyBad #ThanksDude. 

Then - 2003
Plus there is just something sexy about a guy who can play the guitar. Some of my best memories are just around a bonfire with the guys taking turns to play. The good old days with a great group of friends: Chad, Chase, Brett, Anna, Claire and myself. (Since I am Thailand I am unable to post a pic of all the peeps!)

Maybe this is one of the reasons I love acoustic versions of songs so much. 





I have known Chase since I was 14. It was one of those friendships that seemed to make it through everything, plus throughout the 15 years I had a crush on him many times, I never told him though. 


I am thankful though that nothing ever came of it, because I am glad to still have him around. I am not his type and he isn't my type anymore but he is an awesome friend who will always just tell you how it is - no nonsense. 



Now - 2015
So as you can see, Glycerine has a special place in my life and one that will stay with me forever. Do you have any of those friendships that have made it through a lot and you are grateful to still have them around? 

I am looking forward to sharing more memories and music with you!! 

Peace out
x



StMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS

Cherdo on the Flipside 

Holli's Hoots and Hollers 

THE DOGLADY'S DEN


Your Daily Dose

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.