Sunday, 26 July 2015

Soundtrack of My Life ~ Make it Bun Dem





Hello Rockstars!!!

I hope you are ready for another Soundtrack of my life post! I am sure you guys understand that some songs and memories are tougher to share than others. Initially when Guy and I broke up, I felt like I had nothing to share that didn't involve him (Since he was part of the last 7 years of my life) which was hard because he was kind of the last person I wanted to talk about and seemed to be the only thing some friends wanted to know about. Add to that that some friends decided I was a threat and might possibly want their husbands after being friends for so many years, which just sucked because it couldn't have been further from the truth. I wanted absolutely nothing to do with men for a while. 

Anyway, since then I have made new memories and some new friends, even reconnected with some old friends and it is a bit easier to share a memory or two, when it comes up. I have taken time out to heal and started living a life I want to remember and am proud to share and say 'Yeah I did that!' 



Make it Bun Dem by Damian Marley & Skrillex


Make it Bun Dem is linked to such a random memory and yet it is one of my favourites that always brings a smile to my face. Two of our friends, Anzette and Roché (Also known as Ranger Roach) came to visit us for the weekend in Summer. Guy Still had his company Jeep and we took the top down and decided to take a quick adventure trip to the beach. Since this was Guy, it was never a simple trip, it would normally involve some off road trail (We ended up in some interesting places to put it mildly most of the time) and hopefully not getting stuck or sliding down a dune... you get the picture... 

While we were travelling down Sardinia Bay road and listening to 5fm, Make it Bun Dem played on the radio and we just blasted the song and were all jamming to it. It sort of became like a running anthem for a while. When Guy and Roche were together, you are always guaranteed a ton of laughs.  





Even though so much has changed, this is still one of my favourite tunes and I am grateful to have had such awesome times. 

Hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane with me!

Peace out
x



This isn't a blog hop but feel free to join in and visit the very awesome blog of Robin @ Your Daily DoseThese are posts where you write about a song and the story linked to it. 

StMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS
Cherdo on the Flipside 
Holli's Hoots and Hollers 
THE DOGLADY'S DEN

Your Daily Dose

2 comments:

  1. I hope whatever you decide to do with your life, you make happy choices and look after yourself. People get divorced all the time. It's hard to maintain a lifelong relationship with that one person. You did your best, and you've moved on. I for one never had anything other than good wishes for you, and I am sure most people who read your blog are genuine in their care for you, and they have no hidden agenda. Wishing you all the best for your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of that song Chanzie. Glad to see that you can look back and still smile about moments in your life despite the break up. Be strong and things will fall into place for you!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.