Friday, 22 May 2015

My 2015 Adventure: Day 38 and 39

Chanzie's  2015

Travel Adventures:

A Fancy Shower 

Some Random Fun



Hello Everyone!!!

Sheesh, it is hard to believe I have been back for as long as I have... Time just flies and clearly waits for no one. I may be back in Port Elizabeth but my heart is not. It's weird being in a semi-detached state most the time. I am happy in general and doing much better than I was 6 months ago, but its weird. I have changed. I want more. I want to be out there in the world. Experiencing it and living it. I will always love PE, don't get me wrong, I just want more. 
Only I can park my shoes
like this!!!

Home is where the heart is and it's the people that make it home anyway. You can't stay somewhere for people. If they received the opportunity, they would move on too. 

The beauty of the UK is that there I am just Chene. Not so-and-so's friend / ex or whatever. Being in PE, you are always in the shadow of someone else. Does that make sense? 

I just see so much more in the UK. Opportunities, excitement, freedom. At the end of the day I will always be South African and if I ever wanted to, I could come home. 

Anyway enough of my Limbo state... Let's see what the last few days had in store for me!

Day 38 ( Sunday 26/04)

I woke up on Sunday and went to make Coffee at the Bistro. Things were quite hectic at the B&B, Dave having a full house and lots of breakfast to make!! I needed my morning Cappuccino one way or another. 

After that Lee and I went home, I worked on a blogpost, followed by watching some YouTube videos with my cutest cousin ever... you got it LeeLee. 

This one was my favourite one!!! Note Casper is South African :) He is one youtuber I would love to meet, he is so funny and well just seems like a ball of fun and you are guaranteed to have a good laugh.





After watching a few more videos, Lee and I missioned back to the bistro and Kristen showed me how the photography things worked, if I came back to work for Will. 

That eve we stayed in the main house with Dave and Colinda because it was supposed to be -1!! Lee and I would have frozen our toes off in the caravan. 

Now lets get down to the shower... it's not just any shower. It's a fancy pancy shower... and it attacked me! I swear. This was not my lack of knowledge, height or observation that counted against me. 

Colinda gave me a brief  overview of how it worked. There were 3 ways you could use this shower. Initially I started with the conventional shower head to get the water to the right temperature. From there I changed the setting so that it used a different option where the water comes out directly above your head... for the life of me I can't think of what you would call it but I am sure you get what I am trying to describe... what I did not know was.. that the water would come out ice-cold!!!!! Yes, it was a freezing surprise followed by a shriek. Anyway so I did what I needed to do, wash hair and what nots..before turning off the shower I needed to test the third setting... the water jets on the wall. Now I was prepared for the cold surprise.. but... I was standing an angle with my head tilted and guess what... it squirted straight into my ear! I just burst out laughing and switched off the shower. 

By the time I got out of the bathroom, Lee was just laughing at me while on the phone to Kristen. I swear I don't know anyone who calls anyone more that Lee calls him. 

I slept snug as a bug and we didn't freeze out butts off at least!

Day 39 (Monday 27/04)

Monday Monday Monday! It started out with my mom calling me on Skype and needing some help with her PC. Technology I tell you... its fabulous. Colinda treated me and made me cappuccino. She is now the cappuccino queen!! She has the magic touch #HintHint

I spent most the morning blogging and doing some research about the UK. Where there is a will there is a way right. Success is when preparation meets opportunity. I was literally snuggled up on the couch with a blanket and my hoody. 

I am not one to stay indoors all day so I went down to the bistro/Airways to visit Colinda. She made us some delicious popcorn... I love Popcorn!!!! A friend whatsapped me and was feeling a bit down, so I went onto Pinterest to find a funny picture or two to send to her to lift her mood. Laughter is always the best medicine. I was hooked. I found so many funny clips I was crying with laughter most the day. Dave gave me a few funny looks because I was literally sitting there laughing to myself.

That evening Kristen picked me up at 6 and we went out to have some fun and just be random. Why not be random right?? I was leaving soon and he had had a rough day of sorts.

First stop was Uttoxeter. So Kristen had not been there before and well I had been there a few times with Colinda and Lee. He asked me for directions (sort of) lol really I am so bad and very non-observant when I am not driving... *oops* 

"Well when we see a giant silver bull... we are in Uttoxeter," was all I had to add. Eventually we get there and passed a huge sign that says"Welcome to Uttoxeter". I ended up having a good giggle because apparently I missed that one. 

We went for dinner at Frankie and Benny's where I had a Cajun Chicken Melt which was to die for!!!! *yum* From there I wanted to go ice-skating but there was hockey practise on so we opted for a round of tenpin bowling. I won!!! I literally kicked his butt and I wasn't even trying... I was just having as much fun as possible!

After tenpin we tried to find our way back to Ashbourne, luckily it wasn't too hard. 

I don't know why and even though I am a sensible driver and I have been driving for a few years and all... when a cop is behind me... I become nervous like I did something wrong *tee hee*. We literally had a cop car follow us almost all the way to Ashbourne!! Thank goodness he went on his merry way eventually. 

We made our way to Sainsbury's and got my all time favourite...Ben& Jerry's!!! Finally after joking about it for an entire week. We headed back to the apartment, but I didn't feel like sitting indoors so went for a walk round the lake which was close by and got stalked by geese / ducks whatever they were. Now I don't really have any issues with them, but let's just say I have heard stories. They sneaked up to checkout our Ben & Jerry's but luckily lost interest and left us alone. 

After that we went back to the apartment to watch a movie before I headed home. Kristen was shocked that I had not watched Norbit. I know. I'm sorry. Anyway I enjoyed Eddie Murphy had a few good giggles before heading home and sneaking back into the B&B.

Random = Check. Fun = Check. What more can you ask for on a Monday night :) 

Peace out
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.