Monday, 18 May 2015

My 2015 Adventure: Day 36 and 37

Chanzie's  2015

Travel Adventures:

A night out in Ashbourne 

A visit from my bestie



Hello you beauties!!!

So yes, it is true I am back in the motherland and running behind on my blog posts but hey... it's ok and I have a few more stories to tell. My life has changed beyond anything I can possibly explain. I am the same yet I am not. I am the old me and the new me all in one!! The only thing that is a guaranteed in life, is that everything will change. If you told me a year or 3 ago where I would be today, I would not have believed you. I can't wait to see where I will be in 3 years from now and I bet it won't be what I expect either... 

Are you open to change in your life? What would you change if you had the choice? What is stopping you? Sometimes it's just fear of the unknown that holds us in place. If you can't leap, can you take at least one small step? 

My mind is reeling with possibilities and I am so excited. Yeah sure I will be a bit disappointed if something I really want doesn't work out the way I planned it, but that won't stop me from trying to find another way. Maybe just maybe there is a better way waiting to be discovered. I believe if you are going to do or pursue something, do it with all the energy and passion that you can, so that the least you can say you tried you very best and at most it works out well!

Anyway enough babbling... let's talk about the fun and funny stuff!

Day 36 (Friday 24/04)

So I woke up bright and early and went down to help out at the Bistro cafe as a favour to Colinda and Dave. It was a fairly quiet day but dam.... I have never made so many cups of tea in my life!! Can you imagine what it's like on a freaking busy day... I ran the dishwasher twice.. mostly with tea cups!!

On the plus side I got to know the British money pretty well and if I didn't catch it all I used the 'I'm just helping out and not from here' card. Ok I think I only used it twice *tee hee*. There was one dude that sort of freaked me out a teeny bit because he was asking why I wanted to go back and you know the entire story work visa's and what nots.. so then he was like just marry someone.. *uh huh* so I was like "Really, I am sure I can find another way" before he left he was half apologising that he was already married and saying I should be careful who I talk to... he could have worked for immigration... Really dude??? I didn't even say anything wrong. All I did was make you the cup of tea that you ordered, and you recognised my Sunny South African Accent *Sigh*. Anyway no harm done and just laughed it off... and made about another 10 cups of tea. 

It was such a beautiful sunny day and I managed to pop out a few times to catch some rays during the quiet moments. 

The day flew by and before I knew it, it was time to go out for a night in Ashbourne. I had been looking forward to it since Colinda and Dave asked Kristen to show me around the week before. Now to be honest I was pretty sure he was going to drop me due to his own complicated issues but he didn't.

I went home, got ready and he picked me up at 6. It was maybe a 10 minute drive to Ashbourne from the B&B. We first went to the Bridge where we met up with Will, Ashley and John - they also work at the airfield and are all friends. I was happy to be out and about, having fun, seeing new places and having a few good laughs. After John and Will left, Kristen, Ashley and I went to play a game or two of pool downstairs. I kicked both their butts, (I know *shock horror gasp*) but I have a sneaky suspicion that Kristen let me win but I am sure I beat Ash fair and square on beginners luck *tee hee*. I might have used a distracting technique or two *wahahahaha*. Use it or lose it baby. Ok maybe it only worked on Kristen, Ash is a bit like Sheldon from Big Bang but nothing tickling can't achieve!! 

After that Kristen and I went on a mission to find something to eat. I felt like being very random and asked him what he had not tried before.. after bouncing some ideas around we decided to try and track down some Thai food. Ashley opted to get something more non-exotic and meet us back at the flat. 

So after a google search, a walk around about 2 blocks, chatting to the dude who works at the Indian restaurant Kristen goes to sometimes... the restaurant was like diagonally across from their flat!! They never knew... *sigh* 

We got our Thai Green Curry take away and made our way back to the flat to eat and meet back up with Ashley. It wasn't a bad curry and I would probably eat it again. Mine is better *tee hee* but what can I say. 

In the spirit of randomness and adventure we ventured out to find a different pub. They took me to a pub called 'The Dragon' (or something). Now this might sound all mysterious with the promise of a live band and all... let's just say that cider was never ending and we couldn't finish it quick enough. I would take a big sip and I swear the level didn't even drop... Yeah it was one of those. The music was insanely ear splitting loud. The band was ummm.... trying very hard. I think they got one song right on tune, and I am sure the chap working behind the bar and clearing tables was no older than 12. But hey... it was all part of the adventure and gave us a good laugh. Another point... I felt young in that place... the crowd was quite a bit older!

From there we went back to the Bridge. Chilled, chatted and laughed before we headed back and Kristen took me home. 

All in all it was an awesome and fun evening. Kristen was the perfect gentleman, paid for everything and didn't drink so that he could drive me home. I mentioned in a previous post how seriously they take drinking and driving. It really is just not worth the risk. 

I crawled into bed around 1:30 and slept like a champion. 

Day 37 (Saturday 25/04)

It's weird losing track of days and realising it's actually Saturday, when everyday feels like a Saturday. Plus with Colinda working on a Saturday and Sunday, then being off in the week, it really confuses the issue. 

I really have been treated so well staying by Colinda and Dave. Dave makes a champion breakfast. 

After an amazingly delicious breakfast, Colinda took Lee and I down to Uttoxeter to check out a boot sale. Unfortunately it rained out and everyone was packing up when we got there. we popped into a few shops after that, where I saw the most stunning ring... but they didn't have my size *sniff sniff*.

We made our way home, where I just chilled until Jaydine, Gabby and Nathan came to visit. I love that girl so much. She is my best friend and still knows me so well it knocks me off my socks. We hung out, had some cake and coffee before taking a walk down to the airfield before they headed back. I cried when they left as I just knew it was the last time I was going to see Jaydine for a while. I then got voice notes from Anouska where I cried even more. 

What better way to lift my spirits than watch Ellen D videos on youtube with my gorgeous amazing couzzie Lee. We laughed ourselves silly before heading out to the caravan where I fell asleep with her on the couch. Eventually at about 3am I went to crawl into my own bed. She is like the younger sister I never had and I love her as if we been close my entire life. I really wish I was as awesome as she thinks I am. *bless her* 

Everyday I change and everyday I grow. I am so grateful. 

Peace out
x

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your adventures. That one dude would have creeped me out too LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Thank you Felicia :) I love sharing my adventures... Life is so unpredictable and exciting :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.