Monday, 13 April 2015

My 2015 Adventure: Day 20 & 21

Chanzie's  2015

Travel Adventures:

Annie's Burger Shack & Paragliding


Hello lovelies!!

Time just flies when you are having fun doesn't it.... Being here is nothing like I imagined and so much better than I ever expected. I have been truly blessed with the great weather and just had so much fun. I have met so many awesome people and done more than I thought I would. I was honestly just happy to see these people that I have missed so much, whether we did fun things or not. 

Like any place though it is the people that make it. So lets get down into the fun stuff. 

Day 20 (Wednesday 08/04)

Welcome Wednesday. Our mission today was to find this highly recommended 'Annie's Burger Shack.' Apparently they have the best burgers ever. We needed to test this claim and theory. It is a bold statement to make!!

So we headed out and walked down to the closest bus stop (I was oh so brave... I didn't even wear my first ascent jacket!) Jaydine is so funny, since she does not like waiting at bus stops too long we ended up walking to the next stop and the next stop until it became apparent that we would not make it to the next one without actually missing the bus completely. It took us 2 bus trips to get to Nottingham. With a little bit of effort and Jaydine's almost flat cellphone battery.... We found it!!! 

What a fabulous lunch this American Burger joint serves! I had the Fajita with curly fries (without the olives) and Jaydine had the Sloppy Jo with sweet potato fries. Yes we can confirm that the rumors are true... these burgers are amazing!!! Jaydine was a champion and finished hers, I managed to get through 3/4's of mine... Fajita 1 - 0 Chene. 



After that we proceeded to walk around Nottingham and its beautiful!! I do somehow think that after all the walking for the past 2 weeks or so I managed to pull something in my foot!! But I wasn't going to let that stop me from exploring and having fun... I'll hobble along if I must!!

Another Jaydine chirp that had me in stitches: "When the bubblegum loses it's taste, you look like you chowing razor blades!" Thanks Jayde. Love you too. 

From there we took a bus to Derby, popped into H&M so that I could buy this cute bikini top I saw as well as my own cute hat (Since I ended up wearing Jaydine's the entire time), before heading home!!

A long good solid friendship is awesome, where normal mundane things are awesome anyway!!

Day 21 (Thursday 09/04)

Let's go flying Thursday!!!! Well I was praying really hard about that anyway as it is all weather dependent. Jamie was kind enough to drive me to Ashbourne and drop me off by my cousins :) We left at about 9:30, and it only took us about 20 minutes to get there!!

When I got there I was greeted with so much love!! My family is just awesome. That is all. The last time I saw Lee was 9 years ago was when she was 5. Now she is all grown up and we just clicked #Cousins #NoWeNotTrouble #MaybeALittle

Ashbourne is just beautiful. There is so much space and it is so green. Did I mention is was beautiful? After Dave and Colinda  prepped the Long Chimney's B&B for some guests that would be arriving later that afternoon, we headed down to grab some lunch before heading out for my tandem paragliding adventure.

Now to be honest I did think I was going to freak out just a little being so high up in the air. There were 4 of us for the afternoon. We had a awesome Pilot, his name was Lawrie and he was pretty good. I had a mini geography lesson on Thermals on the way there, it was like Lawrie was talking an entire new language though, but it is fascinating. 

After Lawrie went through the steps and safety procedures, we let the other 3 people go first in hopes that going last would let me have a few extra minutes. I was so worried about the running part, honestly I thought I wasn't going to make it! My only calming factor was that Lawrie knew what he was doing! Dave mentioned that he had won a few competitions for paragliding and was one of the best pilot's he knew. 

So just before it was my turn... it seemed like the wind was dropping... I said a few prayers and we prepped anyway. 

The take off was good, just before we were going to release the release cable... it snapped!!! Thank goodness we were high enough and caught a thermal at the right time and just went up! It was amazing. I was in awe being up there. Not one ounce of fear in my body, only excitement, adrenaline, happiness and awe. I loved every single minute of it. We managed to make a plan with my sports camera (Like a GoPro but not a GoPro) so I got some footage too. I didn't realise I had the camera upside down and to be honest I didn't really care. I'll get some editing software and just rotate it. Colinda took a video of my flight and the part where we almost landed on top of her. Check it out...



I'm hooked. I loved it and will definitely be doing it again. and again. and again. A huge thanks to Dave, Colinda and Lawrie. You guys are the best!!!!

To wind down this exciting day, Colinda and I headed to the shop to buy some stuff for a braai and breakfast the next morning. And guess what... I basically got asked for my ID... again! My day was made again. 

We had an awesome evening, even the part where I nearly choked to death from laughing at Dave. As I took a sip of my drink, I can't even remember what he said but it went down the wrong pipe and I as crying from laughter while recovering. Good times and great memories!

Well that was a ton of excitement and life changing :) 

Peace out
x



4 comments:

  1. I'd like to meet Jayde!

    Sorry I haven't been around. I'm happy to see you're having a blast though. Keep on moving, pretty girl! Looking forward to more adventures from you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayde is awesome! One of the best friends I could ever ask for and never a dull moment ever. I know I have been pretty bad at my blogging track record too. Thank you for the visit <3

      Delete
  2. Hello! I am Alisha from Goodreads. I followed your blog and hope that you will return the favor. My blog is myrainydayreads15.blogspot.com
    I love your blog layout btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alisha :) I will def check your blog out!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.