Tuesday, 7 April 2015

My 2015 adventure: Day 14 & 15

Chanzie's  2015

Travel Adventures:

London Baby- Part 1


Hello Everyone!!



Wow what an intense fun few days I have had!! Jaydine and I made our way to London and had the most amazing time. This girl is one of the most amazing girls I know for a reason and her sense of humour is definitely one of them. Here are just a few of the crazy funny phrases she has used that had me in stitches laughing:

- That person's teeth are so bad the can chow mieles through a tennis rackets
- The tubes made her so nauseous she was parking pizza at someone's feet
- They were in such a rush they were shoulder barging babies out the way 

And that is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this awesome lady! So lets get down to the adventures...

Day 14 (Thursday 02/04)

On Thursday we left Derby around 12pm. It took us about 3 or 4 trains but we arrived at Andy's place round 3 pm (One of Jaydine's friends who let us stay in the spare room for a few days while we explored London). On the train we played the people spotting game - there are some interesting people out there! We had to climb 3 flights of stairs to his apartment with a huge suitcase!! 

After we settled in we chilled a bit and figured out our daily adventure plans for the next few days. Since we had lots planned for the next few days, a quiet evening seemed the best way to go... We went for a walk, bought some wine at Sainsbury and got Thai noodle take-out to eat at home. Since the night was still young we figured we might as well pop out for a cider (Andy's place is pretty central in Chiswick). We went down to Carvossa for a pint followed by the local pub closer to home where Andy joined us. 
Man did we meet weird people! Jaydine went to the bathroom & Andy went the bar, leaving me on my own- which was totally fine until some random drunk dude tried to make some conversation. Sheesh that entire group was a bit dodge. They hassled me quite a bit and I actually got to the point were I just ignored the entire lot and focused on having fun with Jaydine and Andy. We got to bed at about 2! So much for a quiet night but it was fun none-the-less. 

Day 15 (Friday 03/04)

Today was a Yes day! Our rules are we say yes and go left when not sure which way to go. Jaydine got us coffee to start the day before we headed out to have a decent breakfast before heading out to London. We caught the train from Chiswick to Westminister. Our first stop was Big Ben and then Westminster Abby.Wow the amazing delicate detail of these places is absolutely breathtaking. 


After that we walked through St James park towards Buckingham palace. During this walk I randomly decided we needed to do little video snippets (The Chene and Jaydine Chronicles). We had such good giggles along with taking picks using the selfie-stick. 

On our way to get some lunch we popped by St James Palace (Where William and Kate reside), unfortunately they did not invite is in for tea *Sigh*, as well as Trafalgar square. 


A random fact... I have bought 4 beanies so far! 

We stopped and had lunch at Bella Italia. Yum Yum Yum. We had Garlic and Chilli flavoured King prawns. I totally burnt my fingers deshelling them but it was sooo worth it.

We ended up skipping the London Eye as the ques were just insanely too long!

Since we had some time to burn before we needed to meet Jaydine's friend, Dave, for a pint at his restaurant later we hopped on a tube to Camden. Wow just wow. I loved it!!!!! I bought 1 or 2 things there but had every intention of going back. 

We made out way to the pub called The Bull, for a pint with Dave. I had a bit of a mood drop but think it was me just being tired more than anything else. After that we made our way to Dave's place (which was on the complete opposite side of London to where we were staying) to meet his daughter and soon-to-be wife, Jen. Dave is the Head Chef and wow can he cook!! He made us the most divine roast leg of lamb that I have ever tasted in my life. It wast totally worth the mile walk in the rain. We caught the 9pm train home and got home about an hour later.   

Did I mention its 3 flights of stairs to get to the apartment.... 

Anyway we survived day 1 and I literally just crashed when we got home!

Stay tuned for Part 2.
Peace out 
x










No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.