Monday, 23 March 2015

My 2015 Adventure (Day 1 &2) : Hello Molesey



Chanzie's Travels 2015 Adventures

Day 1 & 2



Hello Lovelies!!

Wow.. I can barely believe I am here in the UK!! I still have to pinch myself sometimes just to make sure it's real...

In the morning my Mom and I rushed around picking up some last minute stuff before I flew out from Port Elizabeth at about 1pm on Thursday the 19/03. I arrived at OR Tambo in Johannesburg at about 2:45pm. I collected my luggage and walked what felt like 10 kms to the International Departures side pulling my luggage that weighed a ton - I didn't even over pack!! When I got there they politely informed me I couldn't check my luggage in for at least another hour. I grabbed a table at the closest coffee shop and watched some Youtube videos, ranging from SYTYCD routines, judo videos to music videos by my favourite artists while having a hazelnut hot chocolate type drink. To say I overheated in the airport was an understatement - I had jeans on and my warmest boots on while carrying around my first ascent jacket. I knew I was going from a comfy warm 24 degrees to a chilly freezing 4 degrees when I landed!!

After checking-in my luggage an hour and a half later I made my way down to Mug & Bean to meet my sister-in-law and nephew for a quick catch up and cup of coffee, before going to the boarding gate. We took off at 9pm!

Out of about 4 movies I only ended up watching 1: Dracula Untold. It was ok good - not fantastic but not bad either. I eventually fell asleep half way through watching some Foo Fighters documentary which was actually quite interesting. 10 hours of sitting/sleeping in the same tiny chair... yeah I am sore all over!!!

We landed at about 6:20am, after making my way through collecting my luggage (they broke the handle on my bag!!! sigh) and passport control I finally made it to my cousin Andrew. We got lost in the parking lot trying to find his car *tee hee*. Honestly it was not as cold as I expected it to be! 

It took us about 20 minutes to get to his house in Molesey. Yes I pointed out all the red buses and took in everything with wonder. We got home, I unpacked and showered, making myself completely at home. I met my youngest cousin, Thomas, who is about 9 months old and he is just too gorgeous! He instantly stole my heart. 

We took a walk to the local Tesco for some groceries for lunch. I was loving it, I even found my favuorite chocolate, Reeses Cups!! I haven't had these since I was in the USA. It was a rather chill day, we took Thomas to his swimming lesson - kids are just amazing, I was stressing every time he went under water, yet he was loving it!

After lunch we took a scenic walk through Molesey down to Hampton Station and proceeded to walk through the Lion Gate entrance to Hampton court palace & Bushy park. I am definitely going back there with my camera!! We caught a red bus down to Kingston on Thames and went to get a local sim for me to use while I am here. I am amazed at the great deals they have... wow. I can't say I am really using it yet but more as a hotspot for my normal cell number.

After that we made our way down to the Thames River, I had my first pint with my cousin sitting outside a pub called Woody's on the wall of the river watching a beautiful sunset. It was beautiful and then it got very cold quite quickly. From there we started making our way home. We stopped off at another pub called Bells where I had a half pint of Thatchers cider. I was a little numb from the cold when we eventually got home, but at least not a frozen ice block!! 

After thawing out I called my Bestie!!! It was so good to hear her voice on a normal phone - No internet pauses or dropping of calls. A few friends back home were teasing me about what I was missing out on being away from home but I have a sneaky suspicion they might be missing me already... *tee hee*

This morning I was plotting my adventures on a huge map! everything looks the same on there I tell you... Next week I'll be catching the tube to London on my own.. See why I needed a local sim... 

I am excited to be here and have as much fun as possible. 

I'll keep you updated. 









4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you my lovely!Great first entry! I look forward to reading our adventures in your blog!

    ReplyDelete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.