Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Book Review: The Rest Falls Away (GVC #1) by Colleen Gleason

Series: The Gardella Vampire Chronicles: Victoria #1
Publisher: Allison & Busby Limited
Publication Date: 2 January 2007
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Source: Purchased

Format: Paperback
Length:431



Overview:

Beneath the glitter of dazzling 19th-century London Society lurks a bloodthirsty evil...


In every generation, a Gardella is called to accept the family legacy of hunting vampires, and this time, Victoria Gardella Grantworth is chosen, on the eve of her debut, to carry the stake.

~ Fan-Made Book trailer ~

(Please note the trailer contains scenes which appear further along in the series)





Previous posts:
Author Interview

My Review:
The Gardella Vampire Chronicles (GVC) is the perfect blend of paranormal adventure & historical fiction. The first time I read this book I could not finish it fast enough. This time round I could sit back and savour the details. Fair enough - I read this series quite a few years ago so I was a bit fuzzy about the details but I loved it all the same and probably more this time around.

PS this is one of those series that I recommend to everyone as an undiscovered gem if they haven't heard of it!!!

Characters & Storyline: 5/5
Colleen creates a wonderful group of characters. Each one has something that makes them awesome and you can't help but fall in love with each and every one a little bit more with every chapter.

Victoria - is the main character. She is the next gardella venator and what a feisty one she is! Victoria is a bit of a hot head in some ways but she has a heart of gold and every emotion she goes through - you experience with her. I felt her heart ache and her joy. Her frustration and her success. Victoria is an amazing character.

Max - Max is the broody male. He is macho, mysterious and takes being a venator very seriously. He cares more for Victoria than he cares to admit even to himself. With each layer that you uncover you just want to know more! His banter and frustration with Victoria is something to keep an eye on!

Sebastian -  Oooooh I love Sebastian to bits. I love Max too but I just love Sebastian a little bit more! He is your typical bad/good guy. He walks the line between wanting to be good and mingling with the dodgy so carefully. Sebastian is definitely my favourite character - even though its so hard to choose! *Sigh*

Phillip - My heart is so tender and broken when it comes to Victoria and Phillip. Love truly does make one weak and the price is always high. 


Plot, Pace, Writing style: 5/5  
Colleen has such a wonderful writing style that just sucks you in and the flow of the story is smooth. She keeps you on your toes with a fantastic plot and tugs at all your emotions. The pace is nice and quick and I love the chapter headings.



The ending broke my heart the first time and it broke my heart again this time around. 


Cover talk: 5/5 
The new cover is gorgeous!! Insta-love <3

Final Thoughts: 
This remains one of my favourite authors and I will definitely be re-reading the rest of this series.

My Rating:

Books in the series / Other books by this Author:

Gardella Vampire Chronicles


Envy Chronicles




Author Bio:
Award-winning, NEW YORK TIMES and USA Today bestselling author Colleen Gleason has written more than twenty books for major publishers such as Penguin Group, Harlequin Enterprises, Chronicle Books, and HarperCollins (as Joss Ware). Her books have been translated into seven different languages.



Colleen lives in the Midwest United States where she is fortunate enough to be working on her next book. 

She loves to hear from readers via her website, Facebook, or GoodReads.

Author Links: Goodreads l Website l Twitter




Love


Chanzie




7 comments:

  1. I love her Joss Ware books. I need to read these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for new books to add to my TBR pile, and undiscovered gems like this one sounds like something I'll add to the list :) Great review, Chanzie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe!! With a name like Sebastian, I know I would like him! The bad boys always get under my skin! Fantastic review girl!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaddding! Sounds really, really good. I've been reading a lot of Paranormal Romance lately so I'm sort of adding every book that catches my eye. Thanks for this book and the wonderful review. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEEE, I love undiscovered gems! So grabbing this one, Sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!
    ^^
    http://ann-kos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your review made me want to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.