Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Book Review: The Fairy Godmother's Guide to getting what you want by Donna McCallum

Publisher: Zebra Press
Publication Date: 01 September 2013
Genre: Motivational 
Source: Purchase (Kalahari.com)
Format: ebook
Length: 245 pages


Overview:

The Fairy Godmother's Guide to Getting What You Want is a self-help book with a difference. It does not claim to offer a quick fix - rather, it offers everyone who is willing and ready to take responsibility for their lives guidelines to living the life they want. By stressing the importance of connecting body, mind and spirit, discussing these three systems in depth and providing practical exercises, you will be able to bring these three dimensions into alignment so that you, too, can lead a fulfilling, rewarding and purposeful life.




My Review:


I am very blessed to have met Donna, South Africa's very own Fairy Godmother! I first discovered her in an article in the Glamour magazine and then went on to do the Money Magic course through Fairy Godmother Inc. I discovered Donna had written a book and picked it up on Kalahari.com the very next day for only R 60.00! 

The first part of the book is Donna's story. I wanted to cry - it felt like reading my own story, it hit that close to home and with the things I wanted to achieve in my life. The way she wrote about how she felt... was the exact way that I felt at that moment in my life. I decided to work through the book at a slower pace and do every single exercise - no matter how long it took me. Sometimes when I read through these types of books I just skim the exercises and make mental notes. Nope not this time - I did every single one of them. And you know what?? They work! Every thing she describes and explains makes so much sense. Life is all about balance. Not just emotional balance, but emotional, physical and spiritual. 

I will be getting this book in PB sometime soon and will make sure to ask Donna to sign it for me *tee hee*

Final Thoughts: This is a truly motivational and life-changing read. One I will surely re-read again and again!

My Rating:



Author Links: Goodreads l Twitter l Website


Love

Chanzie

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.