About Lakota Honor (Book #1)
Top 10 Things that made me a better writer
1. Determination. If I didn’t have it I’d not be where I am today.
2. Fear. This emotion keeps you grounded. There is no room for ego within the writing world.
3. Sponge. I sucked up everything I could when it came to the craft. I took courses, read online articles, read query letters, synopsis’ etc all to make me better understand the industry and what is expected of an author.
4. Love. You need to love what you do and as a writer I love my job.
5. Perseverance. Had I not pushed myself, stayed up all hours to write novels, made myself write when I didn’t want to I would never get a book written.
6. Passion. I need this to pull emotion into my stories—into my characters. If there is no passion there are no words.
7. Reading. I read almost anything. I love books. I love stories that pull me in and won’t let me go even after the last page is read.
8. Writing. I write as much as I can when I am not working on a novel. It has made my voice stronger.
9. Discipline. This is one of the most important things a writer must master. If you don’t have it you will never get anything done much less work under a deadline.
10. Rejection. Pushed me to write better. To learn what I was doing wrong.