Monday, 10 November 2014

Movie review: Beautiful Creatures



~ Movie Review ~


Beautiful Creatures





Based on the Castor Chronicles 
by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Directed by Richard LaGravenese
Written by by 
Richard LaGravenese

US Box Office: $19.4 million
Runtime: 2 h 04 mins

Links: movie website | the book







~ The Cast ~



~ The Official Movie Trailer ~ 




~ MOVIE SYNOPSIS ~

A supernatural love story set in the South which tells the tale of two star-crossed lovers: Ethan, a young man longing to escape his small town, and Lena, a mysterious new girl. Together, they uncover dark secrets about their respective families, their history and their town. The film is based on the first novel in the best-selling series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.






I bought this movie knowing it was based on a book. I really just bought it on a whim as well. I couldn't remember what it was about but hey I bought it anyway. To my delight it was a pleasant surprise when I absolutely fell in love with the movie!!



I have book 3 in the series - that I picked up on a sale but have yet to read it. After watching this movie.... I need to read this series!! 

I love going into a movie with absolutely no expectations and not really knowing much about it. I read an okay review here and there but nothing concrete. I thought the acting was good and the actors carried their parts well. The evil characters were were oh so wickedly awesome and you know I had a soft spot for Lena's uncle. 

I loved this movie!!! From beginning to the end. Since I don't have much to fall back on I don't have anything negative to say... Only maybe that is ended in a cliff hanger and I need to know what happens next!!!

I definitely find that I enjoy a movie more if I haven't read the book first and I always enjoy and end up loving the book even more once I do read it. I know this is breaking some bookish reader law but you know what... it works for me! 

Have you watched this movie or read the series?? What do you think??

Final thoughts: This was a awesome pleasant surprise and I am so happy I bought it!!


My Rating:








5 comments:

  1. Finally, another book girl who doesn't want to spoil a movie with the book! I am the same way. I really enjoyed this movie too. It was sort of seductive, the slow pace, the long looks, and the South. I think the uncle was one of my favorite characters. The end, man, that ending. I wanted more too! I'm glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it! I read the books before I watched the movie and it was one of the worse book-to-movie adaptations I've seen. I mean, I think they tried but it just didn't fit for me but maybe it was different for other people (I haven't read any reviews for the movie besides yours yet). I hope you like the books though!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, I loved this movie. I haven't read any of the books so it was a nice surprise to enjoy this movie so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this movie! Admittedly, I have absolutely no intention of ever reading the books because YA isn't exactly high-up on my list of priorities, plus sometimes it's good to not be able to compare the two, and just enjoy the film for its entertainment value.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also haven't read the books and I liked this movie a lot! If people think this movie sucked, then the books must be beyond awesome. Although I am curious to check them out, I'm in no hurry to do so. So glad you enjoyed this movie, Chené! We are among the few and I like that. ;)

    ReplyDelete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.