Wednesday, 29 October 2014

September & October MWYA Buzz

Hello everyone

So it has been quite a while since we had a monthly buzz! I will be catching up the past 2 months but on a bit of a smaller scale. Time seems to speed by and I am still trying to fit everything in that I need to do. As you know I took a month of blogging to just chill out. Blogging was becoming more of a chore than a pleasure and well I didn't want it to be like that. 

You know what was amazing... I received more daily visits in that month than I normally do... *confused* 

Anyway I participated in The Ford Global Week of Caring in September as the photographer for Mileman Media and really loved it!! I was exhausted at the end of each day, running around working 2 jobs but still.. I loved it!!!

First set of news: I started a new feature on the blog to show off some of my books on my bookshelf called: What's on my bookshelf. I get to tell my little story behind the buying of the books and what they mean to me. 

Secondly, I am considering blogging about some of the beauty products I discover and love. I already post pics on Instagram. I figured this is my blog and it's all extensions of me! What do you guy's think? I considered starting a separate blog but running 2 blogs would be too intense and that is starting from scratch!! It won't be overwhelming just a fun post to share something girly and exciting. (This might only be a new years thing - just putting it out there so long)

Thirdly, I decided to add in Movie Reviews! I wanted my blog to be a bit more than just books reviews... 

And finally I will be signing up for NaNoWriMo *woo hoo* I am so excited - there is even going to be a PE Kick-off party!!

So let's catch up on what 's been going on here!!


~ August ~

Reviews:
Nightshade (Nightshade #1) by Andrea Cremer
Angel Astrology by Doreen Virtue & Yasmin Boland
Voodoo Moon (Charmed #5) by Constance Burge & Wendy C Staub
First Frost (Mythos Academy #0.5) by Jennifer Estep
The Akasha Saga by Terra Harmony (Audio Book Review)
Shadow Days (Nightshade #0.5) by Andrea Cremer
Immortal Heart (Few Are Angels #0.5) by Inger Iversen



Guest Posts & Other features:
I Can See you by Joss Landry
Author Interview by Inger Iversen

~ October ~
Guest Posts & Other features:
Cover Reveal: Shinigami Eyes by Cheree & Adam Smith 
A fun Book Gif tag post
IWSG #4
Book Tag ~ 7 Deadly Sins
Movie Review: Vampire Academy
Author Interview: Colleen Gleason

Meme's
What's on my bookshelf #1 - The Weather Warden Series by Rachel Caine
What's on my bookshelf #2) - The Gardella Vampire Chronicles by Colleen Gleason
Teaser Tuesday #15 (Alpha Divded) & Top Ten Tues #16 (Series I'd like to start)


~ New On My Bookshelf ~

Bought - Just because I can!!
!!What can I say there were some awesome $0.99 deals!!
Crane & Raven by Stacey Rourke
Brew & Boil by David Estes
Priceless (Rylee Adamson #1) by Shannon Meyer
The Airel Saga box set by Aaron Patterson & Chris White
The Broken Angel Box set by LG Castillo
Bound by lies & Bound Forever by Hannah Peach
Miss Mabel's school for girls by Katie Cross
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
City of Dark Magic by Magnus Flyte
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
Good Morning, Mr Mandela by Zelda le Grange



Comeptition Wins - 10 for the win, Yay!

The Lost catacomb by Shifra Hochberg @ Books Direct Online
Slip by Leslie J Portu from The Reader & the Chef
Chloe Neill swag pack from Naomi @ Nomi's Paranormal Palace
(Limited Edition Cadogan House Chrome Keychain; Chicagoland Vampires Tote Bag
An autographed Chicagoland Vampires; Swag, including Chicagoland Vampires bookmarks and pens, and Cadogan House lanyards)

Double Negative by C Lee Mckenzie @ Books Direct Online
Firebolt by Adrienne Woods from @ Books Direct Online
Shadow Embraced ebook & Swag by Cheree Smith
(HC) The Spiritglass Charade by Colleen Gleason from the Author
Perception: A New Adult Anthology by Heather Hildenbrand @ Talk Supe Blog
Dark Longings by Wodke Hawkinson
Come Undone by Madelynne Ellis @ Dark World Books


The Winner of my Colleen Gleason 'The Rest Falls Away) was Lily B. Hope you enjoy this series as much as I do :) 

Ok - so that's it for now!! Thank you to everyone who takes the time out to read my random rambles about books, movies and life! 

Love

Chanzie

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that your month-long hiatus helped you to get your blogging mojo back, and that's pretty funny about the increase in traffic. I think the beauty products would be a great addition to your regular posts; the pics are nice on IG, but more info would be even better. Bring on November!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have you joining us for the madness of NaNoWriMo this year.

    D7

    ReplyDelete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.