Friday, 3 October 2014

MWYA What's on my bookshelf? #1 ~ The Weather Warden Series by Rachel Caine



What's on my bookshelf is a fun bookish post hosted every two weeks here on the Mean Who You Are blog to feature books that have been on my bookshelf and deserve some bookish love or a new book I am excited about and have bought to add to my collection. 

One of My Bookshelves
I know there are many meme's out there like this but I am not that great about linking up I guess. As a bookish person I love showing people my books when they come to visit whether they read or not! If you have a bookshelf you can be sure that I will wonder over there sometime during the course of the visit and check out the titles! 

This is just me showing you my bookish loves and any story that I think goes with it! We all have those stories that go with our beloved favourites! It's an excuse to dust them off, take a photo and post it on my blog!!

After a tweet conversation with Niki @ The Obsessive Bookseller - I went and counted how many physical books I own.. The total is 289!!!

So here is my first share:

The story behind the book:

In 2012 a few ladies at work decided to start a book club. Once a month we would get together, check out the new books for the month and take a few to read. (the club doesn't exist anymore because well... we all got ereaders!)

One of the ladies bought Ill Wind by Rachel Caine. Well the first few months I just overlooked it. To me the cover looked cheesy and I didn't even bother to read the blurb. It was one of those 3 for R99 @ Bargain Books buys. The one month a colleague said I should really give this book a shot. Since nothing else was grabbing my attention I thought 'Why not?' Well did I learn my lesson not to judge a book by it's cover. I was hooked before the end of chapter 1. I went on to buy the entire series (all 9 of them) for myself before the end of the year and it is one of my top favourite series!

The Cover:



The series:




So there you go! Thats my story behind The Weather Warden series. 

Have you ever judged a book and ended up loving it?? 

My next post will be on the 17 October 2014. 

Leave your story or link in the comments!






8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I loved this series so much. It was so stressful but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Definitely kept me on the edge most of the time :) I'd love to re-read them to review on my blog sometime <3

      Delete
  2. It's hard not to judge a book by its cover, but they often rarely reflect the story, so I try rely on reviews more. Rachel Caine's novels have been highly recommended to me by a number of bloggers (and now you too!), but alas RL keeps getting in the way. If only I could spend every hour of every day reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what you mean! There are so many books I get excited about to read but have no clue when I will ever get to them. I would love to read Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampire series sometime too.

      Delete
  3. First time I hear about them but I see what you mean about the cover, it doesn't stand out much. However, don't they surprise sometimes? I've loved tons of books with not-so-great covers and I'm saddened to see every day how they are overlooked by all the other sparkly ones.
    Oh, and I like your new feature! I always love to get a peek of other people's bookshelves ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Meli!! I think the cover is just as important as the story inside. it's a 50/50 ratio IMO. Yay Glad you like the feature. I didn't want to make it a meme thing as I don't want to tramp on anybodies toes.. I did do a search to see if anyone else had it. Join in next time if you want to :)

      Delete
  4. *Tip toes through* You know I have this book, and I still haven't managed to read it! I am such a naughty girl! I do keep my eye out for the next ones when I am at the shops!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes I know. It's ok... when you do get there it'll be a 'Why did I wait so long' moment.. well atl east I hope so!!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.