Wednesday, 1 October 2014

IWSG #4 ~ October '14




Alex J Cavanaugh created this awesome group to share and encourage each other as writers. 
To Sign up click here


The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. 
The first Wednesday of every month you can share your worries without judgement and/or your triumphs with complimentary confetti!  
Join us - it's fun, a great way to connect with fellow writers, and we all can support one another!

Hello everyone!! 

I have been thinking about this post for quite a while now. I know I missed the previous 2 months - everything just got so overwhelming that I just needed a break from well everything. I was behind on blog comments, posts and well the writing was just not flowing. 

Now that I have had a break I feel refreshed and energised - especially about my writing.

I read a post on Rabid Reads called: If there was a book about you, what would the title be? and this really got me thinking about the title of my book - since it is about my life and things I have learnt so far. My temporary title just didn't feel 100% right. 

In the comments I mentioned: Beach, books, love & happiness! or What’s normal anyway? but it still played on my mind. Then it just hit me! It was staring me in the face the entire time. The name of my blog: Mean Who You Are. Part of me is always about being your authentic self and meaning what you do. Don't make promises you can't keep, if you don't have anything nice to say - don't say it and really just be true about who you are. Don't tell the world who you are, show the world who you are. 

And to me it just fits. I'll probably use Beach, books, love & happiness! or What’s normal anyway? as a sub line or something. 

I haven't been working on the chapters like I was previously but I have been writing everyday. Just to get it out of my mind and onto paper. Will it be useable? I don't know. I have been writing letters to the world. My husband bought me a book called Love Letters to the dead by Ava Dellaira and in a strange way it seemed like a sign and that I was on the right track. The main character Laurel's story is written in the form of letters to famous dead people. The raw honesty just hit home and I loved it!

I am happy to say that I am back on track and the writing is flowing! Sometimes good things fall apart so that great things can fall together right?? My mentor Dianne loves it and says it comes straight from the heart. 

So that's me checking in with my support group!!

How is your writing coming along? 
Leave a comment and let me know... I'd love to hear about it!




16 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you are back on track. Loved Rabid Read's Question this week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer :) Rabid Read do have awesome discussion posts!!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to the IWSG! Glad you're back and things are headed in the right direction for you. Best of luck on your journey!

    Elsie
    co-host IWSG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie :) Guess we all go through a funk phase sometime!

      Delete
  3. At least you're writing every day and back on track. That's good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting thing to think about. I have no idea what book title I'd pick, although I'm guessing it would have something to do with astronomy (me being a Sci-Fi writer and all).

    Glad to hear your writing is back on track, and good luck going forward.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love astronomy too! Thanks James, it feels good to be back on track :)

      Delete
  5. I really like Mean Who You Are, and your reasoning for the title. And I like your approach of writing to your world. Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cherie :) I really appreciate your feedback!

      Delete
  6. I think 'Mean Who You Are' is a very strong statement! Yay for writing too - it's always reassuring to get back on track :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never looked at it in that light :) Thank you Annalisa!

      Delete
  7. No idea what book would state who I am. A movie title, maybe.
    Glad you're on track with your writing.
    And glad you're back with the IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! It's such a wonderful group to be a part of and I am so glad I discovered it.

      Delete
  8. I really like Mean Who You Are--it's a definitely a statement to live by. But a book about me? Oy. No idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. Yip it makes you think!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.