Monday, 27 October 2014

Book Review: Alpha Divided (Alpha Girl #3) by Aileen Erin

Series: Alpha Girl #2
Publisher: Ink Monster LLC
Publication Date: 14 October 2014
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Fantasy
Source: NetGalley / Publisher (In exchange for an honest Review)
Audio or Book: ebook



Overview:

Life has been crazy since Tessa McCaide moved to Texas. She’s gone from being a normal-ish girl with visions to a super-powered werewolf. She’s fought off vampires and broken a nearly unbreakable curse. And she’s got a hot mate, Dastien Laurent, to keep her busy. 



Things are looking up until the full moon ceremony rolls around. Before Tessa can strengthen her bond with Dastien, the local coven crashes the gates, demanding that Tessa—their heir apparent—be returned. If the pack wants to avoid a war with the witches, handing Tessa over is the only option. 

Tessa doesn’t want to cause an all-out fight, but joining a dark-magic coven isn’t on her to-do list, especially if embracing her magic side means parting with Dastien. When the coven leader tries to control Tessa with dark-magic, Tessa realizes she has to dismantle the coven or prepare the pack for war. Either choice will change her life—and her world—forever.





Previous reviews by this author:
Becoming Alpha (Alpha Girl #1) 
Avoiding Alpha (Alpha Girl #2)
Cipher (Shadow Ravens #1)

My Review:

This is another one of those Ink Monster books I couldn't wait to get my hands on! I mean who could say no to Inky... Isn't he just gorgeous! Aileen has definitely made it onto my favourite author list. 


When I first read Becoming Alpha, I was completely captivated with Tessa & Dastien. Avoiding Alpha was a bit short but I was still excited to see where things were going in Alpha Divided. 

Once again I think I was one of the first to click request on NetGalley! I have come to expect quality adventure from this publisher and will probably read anything they release!

Characters & Story line: 4/5


The characters continue to grow on you and the story line is intense! 

Tessa & DastienI love the world of Tessa & Dastien. Finally!!! I was so excited that Tessa explored her brujo side - even if it was against her will and only a little bit. I love the fact that she is Were and Witch, with a huge amount of potential, power and destiny! We only discovered a little bit more about her powers though - I think Aileen is holding back something big. I loved Tessa in this book as much as I did in Becoming Alpha. Dastien just melts my heart every single he is with Tessa. He is as swoonworthy as ever!

Claudia, Raphel & Daniel: I enjoyed getting to know some of the coven members and understanding their side a bit better. I didn't doubt Daniel as much as Tessa did, I had a good feeling about him from the beginning, even if there was a shocking twist at the end. 

Rosa: I love Rosa! She is that awesome Aunt that is an outcast of the coven and loves Tessa a lot. I would love to know a bit more about her, Grams and their history in the coven. I hope we get to see more of her!!

Plot, Pace, Writing style: 4/5  
Aileen has definitely grown as a writer. Becoming Alpha is still my favourite in this series so far but Alpha Divided was a close second. I am glad Aileen slowed down the pace a bit. In Avoiding Alpha it felt a bit rushed and I wanted to savour it a bit more. She got it right here - It was the perfect pace!! The first half of the book was okay but the second half of the book was better for me. 

The main scene at the end felt like it lacked something though. It was exciting and intense and was building up to something big, there was a twist that made me choke up a bit but left me with a 'up in the air' feeling. 

I know we'll get some answers and resolution in the next book, but it felt a little unresolved for me. Maybe if it ended with the moon ceremony it would have felt like some closure for this book. 

I am quite excited to see Claudia's adventure in Brujo, she is one of those characters I have a soft spot for and cannot wait to get to know better. 

Cover talk: 5/5 I love the cover!! It's the best of the series for me so far. 

Final Thoughts: I love this series and will continue this series!! Bring on the next one. 

My Rating:


Favourite quotes:


"As you grow, you learn that life is rarely about doing what you want. We all do what we must, and that is even more true for the powerful ones like you." 

~ Rosa

~

"The worst days only make the best ones that much sweeter. This too shall pass. And happy days will be ahead."
~ Grams 
Books in the series: 


Other books by this Author:




Author Bio:
Aileen Erin is a lover of all things nerdy—from Star Wars (prequels don’t count) to Star Trek (TNG FTW), she reads Quenya and some Sindarin, and has a severe fascination with the supernatural. Aileen has a BS in Radio-TV-Film from the University of Texas at Austin, and an MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University. She lives with her husband in Los Angeles, and spends her days doing her favorite things: reading books, creating worlds, and kicking ass.

Author Links: Goodreads l Twitter l Website


Love

Chanzie



10 comments:

  1. Fantastic review Chanzie. I think I wouls like

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi :) Aileen is definitely one of my favourite authors!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you keep enjoying this series, Chanzie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm glad it's still that good! I saw another good review about this one and I confess that I'm really curious to try the series as well!

    Between, you wrote Series: Alpha Girl #2, but I think you meant #3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do give it a try :) It really is a great series!!

      Delete
  4. The covers of this series are soooo pretty! Would love to have them in my shelf to stare at them all day. ;) It's been a while since I've read a book with female alpha werewolves, and I've never read one where the girl/woman is a werewolf AND a witch. Sounds fantastic! Should check them out. And I've got to meet that Dastien.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree.. they would look beautiful on my bookshelf!!! Dastien is just soo dreamy *sigh* hope you check it out :)

      Delete
  5. I hate to break it to ya Chanzie, but you may have been the second one to click on the galley when it came up for review. ;) I also missed the secondary characters from the previous installments, however Tessa's witchy cousins were a nice bonus. And, Rose was indeed the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ok I will give you this one! I was very happy with this installment in the series :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.