Friday, 8 August 2014

Mini Book Review: Voodoo Moon (Charmed #5) by Wendy C Staub & Constance M Burge

Series: Charmed #5
Publisher: Pocket Books
Publication Date: 1999
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy
Source: Bought
Audio or Book: paperback
Length: 192 pages



Overview:
The Halliwells are on holiday in New Orleans. But on Prue, Piper and Phoebe's first night in the Big Easy, Phoebe has a dream filled with images of strange, violent rituals under a full moon. Soon after, a friend of Prue's disappears.



Previous reviews:
The Power of Three (Charmed #1)
Kiss of Darkness (Charmed #2)
Crimson Spell (Charmed #3)

Whispers from the past (Charmed #4)

My Review:

This quick pocketbook read freaked me out... Voodoo + Zombies = Nightmares. Weird I know.. This doesn't normally happen. There was something really intense about this book! I loved the adventure - what can you expect when the Charmed ones take a vacation to New Orleans... trouble and magic! There was 1 twist I expected & 2 I didn't see coming! 

Final Thoughts: 
I really enjoyed this quick read even though it gave me some nightmares - Bring on the next one!

My Rating:


Love

Chanzie

10 comments:

  1. New Orleans is such a great setting; I'm glad that you're still enjoying this series. This installment sounds like it was a bit darker than previous ones, but it's good that the Halliwells switched it up a bit. Happy Friday, Chene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to visit New Orleans one day!! Yes this one was a little bit darker and creepier but it kept me glued to the story :) Happy Carmel!!

      Delete
  2. Voodoo + Zombies = Nightmares<-----NOT weird. Those are two of my LEAST favorite things. Right up there with anything that has 6+ legs and BATS. I hate bats. Flying rodents. *shudders* Anyway, I'm glad you're still liking these, Chanzie! I'll have to check the show out sometime. I think I saw it on Netflix after your last Charmed review ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!! Someone on my team *tee hee* You always make me smile when I read your comments, posts or reviews :) I am so happy I am spreading the charmed love and awareness!!!

      Delete
  3. This sounds really creepy. I have never really read a Zombie book.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Kero @ Kero's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky it wasn't toooooo bad! Still enjoyable and charmed like :)

      Delete
  4. Haha! It is a shame you got nightmares about this one, but it shows that it got under your skin!! Fab review!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly.. then you know it was a good book when it follows you around into dream land :)

      Delete
  5. Ah, I love the New Orleans setting for some reason it makes any and all paranormal woo-woo feel real. So glad you enjoyed this one Chene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to go and visit New Orleans one day :) So much history and like you say paranormal woo-woo!!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.