Monday, 18 August 2014

Mini Book Review: Shadow Days (Nightshade #0.5) by Andrea Cremer

Series: Nightshade #0.5
Publisher: Philomel Books
Publication Date: 19 October 2010
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Fantasy
Source: Author Website
Audio or Book: ebook
Length: 79 pages



Overview:

Shadow Days, told from Shay's perspective, chronicles the days before the start of the New York Times bestselling Nightshade, when Shay is taken away from the friends he loves and forced to live in his uncle Bosqu Mar's mansion, where the gargoyles seem to move, magic seems real, and nothing is as it should be.



Previous reviews:
Nightshade (#1)

My Review:
I read this novella after I read book 1 Nightshade. Shadow Days is a great introduction to Shay and getting to know him before he meets Calla. I loved meeting his friends he had made before he moved into his uncles estate. Ally is my favourite. Andrea sets the scene perfectly and it did make me like Shay a little bit more. I could picture everything so clearly. Although I must admit at this point I am still Team Ren!!! It was fun seeing Shay trying to figure our social media and run a blog - Points scored there :) 

Final Thoughts: This was a great quick read!

My Rating:


Author Bio:
Andrea Cremer is the author of the internationally bestselling Nightshade series. She spent her childhood daydreaming and roaming the forests and lakeshores of Northern Wisconsin. 


Andrea has always loved writing and has never stopped writing, but she only recently plunged into the deep end of the pool that is professional writing. Before she wrote her first novel, Andrea was a history professor at Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota. In her books, she strives to bring together her two passions: history and fantasy. Andrea now lives in New York and writes full time.

Author Links: Goodreads l website l twitter



Love

Chanzie

12 comments:

  1. This sounds like a nice start to the Nightshade series! If only I had more time to read! lol

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh it is such an awesome series... Have a peek if you see it at the library!

      Delete
  2. Oh I remember reading this one. It kind of broke my heart. Everything about Shay does. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does break one's heart hey... Shay is awesome but I love Ren more *tee hee*

      Delete
  3. Oh I should go back to the series. I had a good time with book 1 and 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the first two instalments, but I hated the last one...Glad you enjoyed this novella and TEAM REN always and forever!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure I read this too, and yeah, I think it was a good introduction to Shay, but I didn't love it either. Doesn't matter though, LOL--I'm too OCD to not read all the novellas of a well-loved series ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha I am exactly the same.. I read the novella's just in case there is a sneak peak at something special and hidden or interesting... If I love it I just want to know it all *tee hee*

      Delete
  6. Nooooo, I'm TEAM SHAY FOREVER. He's just too cute I could eat him with whipped cream. Haven't read this novella yet or the rest of the series but I plan to someday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you can have Shay my friend! I really hope you get to finish this series :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.