Friday, 22 August 2014

Book Preview: Ciper (The Shadow Ravens #1) by Aileen Erin

Series: The Shadow Ravens #1
Publisher: Ink Monster LLC
Publication Date: 14 October 2014
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Fantasy



Overview:

In the not-too-distant future, the color of your helix tattoo shows exactly how your DNA was modified—green for super-smart scientists, black for pumped-up warriors, white for the immortal Seligo—but Cipher’s red helix is a death sentence. It’s a sign of unstable DNA, which is probably the reason she can manipulate electricity.

When she was eight years old, Cipher made the mistake of showing her uncle the tattoo. In return, he killed her parents and tried to kidnap her.

She’s been on the run ever since, and twelve long years later, Cipher is tired of hiding. Survival isn’t enough anymore. She wants her life back.

Hacking into the Citadel mainframe is a huge risk, but it pays off when she finds a database on red helixes. Before she can copy it, she loses control of her power, charring her last processor, and the only person in the Arizona Voids that can get her back online is her oldest friend, Knightly. She hasn’t seen him in person since she started running, and Knightly 2.0 is fully upgraded with a six-pack and knee-melting smile.

For a girl like Cipher, trust doesn’t come easily, but Knightly makes her yearn for a life she knows she can’t have, especially when every secret she reveals endangers them both.



Previous reviews by this author:


Erin, Aileen - Becoming Alpha (Alpha Girl #1)
Erin, Aileen - Avoiding Alpha (Alpha Girl #2)


Wow what a preview! I received this preview from Inky monster as a sneak peak at Aileen Erin's latest work. I was totally absorbed with the few chapters I read and just want more. 

Cipher is easy to like and you get introduced to so many interesting characters within the first few chapter. The world building looks awesome so far and I cannot wait to see where this story goes - it is guaranteed to be an amazing adventure!

Aileen is quickly becoming one of my favourite authors. Inky better send me a copy soon!!! *wink wink nudge nudge* I have never really read a preview before and I loved it. I am totally excited about this book!!!!!


Author Bio:
Aileen Erin is a lover of all things nerdy—from Star Wars (prequels don’t count) to Star Trek (TNG FTW), she reads Quenya and some Sindarin, and has a severe fascination with the supernatural. Aileen has a BS in Radio-TV-Film from the University of Texas at Austin, and an MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University. She lives with her husband in Los Angeles, and spends her days doing her favorite things: reading books, creating worlds, and kicking ass.

Author Links: Goodreads l Twitter l Website



16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too!!! Plus I just love all Inky Monster authors <3

      Delete
  2. I was hooked just after reading the first sentence of the synopsis! This book sounds great, and I love the girl's hair on the cover! I love that the author loves Star Wars (I didn't like the prequels either) and Star Trek 'cause so do I! How did you get a preview of her book? I'm just wondering if it was on Netgalley or somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know you will love this one Jennifer!!! ARC's go out on NetGalley on the 25 Sept <3 I totally not surprised you loved the blue hair *Tee hee* I got a preview because I signed up for the newsletter on http://inkmonster.net/ <3

      Delete
  3. I've been rather curious about this one, but at the same time kind of reluctant to give it a try after having felt jipped after reading Avoiding Alpha. I'm still going to hold out until the full book has been released, and plan on using peeps' reviews as the deciding factor, but I'm glad that you enjoyed the preview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Cipher is nothing like Avoiding Alpha... You should definitely check out the sneak peak then before you commit to a review :)

      Delete
  4. It sounds good and what a nice cover! :) I'm glad you're having such a fantastic time with this author!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is It is!!! Thank you Silvia :) I can't wait to get my hands on the ARC.... *tee hee*

      Delete
  5. Awesome!! Adding this book now to goodreads, I love how it sounds. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!!! I really hope you give it a try :)

      Delete
  6. Wow..this sounds cool. Adding to my list Chene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!! Thank you Kimba :) Hope it floats near the top of your TBR Mountian :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! This sounds sooooo good! I love that cover too!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous right!!! Check it out on NetGalley Next week.. *hint hint nugde nudge wink wink*

      Delete
  8. I just picked up Becoming Alpha a few days ago, remembering your review of it and Avoiding Alpha. I'm looking forward to reading that series, and Cipher looks just as awesome. I love the covers for her books! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay!!!!! I am sure you will enjoy Becoming Alpha as much as I did.. Book 3 comes out next week :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.