Monday, 25 August 2014

Author Interview ~ Inger Iversen

~ Getting to know Inger Iversen ~

Hello lovelies!! 

I am quite excited today to have Inger Iversen on my blog! I discovered Inger while blog hopping one day and came across her book trailer of Few Are Angels. This was the first book trailer that ever caught my attention and I was hooked. I need to get my hands on it and much to my delight... It was free on Amazon!! Check out my review here. Last month her prequel Immortal Heart won my Book of the Month read - thanks to Inger who helped tweet about it!! It is always exciting when an author interacts *exciting*

So lets get this interview on the go:



Tell us a little bit about yourself:
I’m from Virginia Beach and I live about ten minutes from the Oceanfront, yet I rarely if ever go to the beach. I have an overweight lap cat who is pretty much the boss of the house. If I’m writing, I HAVE to have some music playing in the background. My favorite bands are: Imagine Dragons, Labyrinth Ear, Black Lab, X Ambassador and the Neighborhood. Umm…what else? Oh, I’d definitely choose Loki over Thor.

Are you working on any new books?
Yes, I am. I just completed my first contemporary romance!  It’s called Incarcerated. I also have an adult series on my blog called, Bratva: Brothers in Sin and I am finishing the final book in the Few Are Angels called, Eternal Light. I’ll be busy this year because I still have Sinners in the Dark and Confessions in the Dark for my publisher! I am SUPER busy!
When did you decide to become a writer and what inspired you?
I think I’ve always wanted to write, but my first book, Few Are Angels came from a dream. The oddest part was that I didn’t add the scene from the dream in the book and I should probably write that scene and add it into the special decision.
What is the hardest thing about writing?
The hardest part about writing is making sure I can convey my thoughts in a proper manner to the reader. It’s hard. Often times in reviews you’ll find the reader either loved or hated where you were going with your story and that’s hard to grasp.
What is the easiest thing about writing?
The easiest thing about writing is when I get into a flow, my thoughts are lucid and my MUSE
is active.
Did you ever get writer’s Block?
I had writer’s block once, so I just took a three-week break and got back to work.
Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?
You should definitely take a break. Set the work aside and take a breather.
What book/s are you reading at present?
I just read Kresely Cole’s Dark Skye and I loved it!! Thronos is a hottie!
Who designed your book cover/s?
I use a few different people depending on the series. I use Regina Wamba of Mae I Design and Eden Crane J Love them both and they are super talented.
What are your thoughts on good/bad reviews?
Eh…I try to ignore them, but it is really hard. No matter how hard I work there will always be a person who dislikes it and that is a hard pill to swallow.
Tell us about the making of your book trailer Few Are Angels?
It was AWESOME! I actually got to write a script! Well, I wrote one and the director edited it to make it crisper for the film. J  It was amazingly fun and wish I could have flown to Memphis to watch as they filmed it. My main character, Kale, had to be recast because the actor I chose got into an accident on the MORNING of filming!!  Chelsea, the woman who plays Ella did a great job!

Will you be making any more book trailers?
Most definitely!
What is your favourite motivational phrase.

“The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.”

What is your favourite book and why?
I love Elizabeth Chandlers Kissed by an Angel series. I love how she brought the two characters together!
What advice would you give to your younger self? Never give up.
What advice would you give to aspiring writers? Never give up!!!
How can readers discover more about you and you work?
WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitter l Pinterest l Goodreads

Thank you for taking some time to hang out with us here on the blog!! If you haven't had a chance grab Inger's book few are angels: *It's a freebie* and it got a 5 star review from me!!


Hope you enjoyed meeting Inger and keep an eye out for my review of Immortal heart on Friday!! 


8 comments:

  1. Great interview Chanzie! It is awesome to see the author behind the books!
    I swear I get writers block when writing reviews, so I can't imagine what it would be like for an author!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi!! Inger is so awesome and I love her work :) Hope you grabbed Few Are Angels!!

      Delete
  2. I've heard of following your dreams, but being inspired to write a book based on one? Cool! And, I love it when authors go all out with their trailers, and the one for Few Are Angels has definitely managed to catch my attention. Free AND a 5-star review from Chanzie!? SOLD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha I have had a few dreams that I have scribbled down as possible future book ideas :) It's quite exciting actually :) I could only imagine how much better it is when that dream becomes a real book! Yes it's true.. free and 5 stars!!

      Delete
  3. I live within walking distance of the beach too, but rarely go there. Thanks for the motivational phrase, Inger. I like it.
    Kero @ KBB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? I am such a beach bum... If it's good weather I am on the beach.. probably with a book :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, that trailer is just, wow. Again I'm kicking myself for not getting the book when it was a freebie! Inga sounds like she knows what she's doing, loved her answers and advice. Now I must add this book to the tbr pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Itotally agree.. that trailer had me hunting down the book before I even know it was free!! Few Are Angels is permanently free on Amazon... Does it not show up that way for you? If not let me know and I will loan it to via that Kindle Loan option :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.