Sunday, 3 August 2014

August MWYA Buzz

Hello everyone!! 

Wow where has the month gone? It can only mean we are one month closer to Summer *Yay* Well I don't have too much news except that I have been working a lot on my book and have been enjoying my Money Magic Course with the Fairy Godmother! 
This month's Book of the Month Win: Immortal Heart by Inger Iversen. Keep an eye out I will be interviewing Inger here on the blog. 

Some more exciting news is Mean Who You Are has been going for an entire year!!! *Did I mention times just flies... Hmmmm* 

Things have finally calmed down a bit with the pressure of blog tour reviews and I'm sure you have seen that my posting is not as frequent. I have some reviews that have been on the back burner for a while but I will finally be able to give them the attention they have been so patiently waiting for. 

Let catch up with what's been going on for July!


Last month
Topics of light
Believing in what you do / Passion
Angel Astrology 101 by Doreen Virtue & Yasmin Boland


New on my bookshelf

Bought: (I know I know no judging... I bought them all with vouchers!)
WolfsBane - Andrea Cremer ; Bloodrose - Andrea Cremer; Afterlife by Dee Shulman




Comp wins
Book marks for Shane Morgan's new Myself in Blue book
A Season without rain by Joe Schwartz @ Books Direct Online
Demon Bonds by Margarita Matos from Masquerade Crew

Whats coming up in August:

Upcoming reviews 



Anticipated releases


 I just bought book 1 in the Chicagoland Vampire series which was recommended to me by Naomi @ Nomi's Paranormal Palace!! 

~~~


I am yet to finish Jennifer's Covenant series but her latest book in her other series Lux is being released this month! 





~ Current Giveaway on the blog ~



~ Blogoverse: Blog of the Month ~

The Blogoverse Buzz will have a quick feature of a blog that stood out to me and made a difference in my blogoverse.. in other words they have a really amazing blog!

bookfever
This month please welcome Stephanie from Book Fever!  I discovered Stephanie via Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewers blog ~ Her link had to do with a Re-read-a-thon of Vampire Academy. She is awesome..Say Hello!!!



Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself:

Hi! I'm Stephanie, a 22-year-old bookaholic from Belgium who loves reading  books in English. I'm fascinated by history and mythology, especially ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. Also, I'm obsessed with ducks and owls.

When and why did you start blogging?

I started blogging on December 2nd 2011 - My main reason for starting was to have a place to post my reviews aside from Goodreads. Though, I don't like to think about those early reviews I posted because they were horrible. At this point my blog has turned into so much more. <3


Best thing for you about blogging and the not so great thing?

That's always a hard question. The best thing would be connecting with all these amazing people, whether they're readers, fellow bloggers or authors. The not so great thing I guess it's that it can get pretty time consuming, though it hasn't been too bad for me up until now.

What are your top 3 books / series?

1. Airman by Eoin Colfer 
2. Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
3. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Favorite TV Series or Movie that was based on a book?

Howls Moving Castle - I actually saw the movie made by Hayao Miyazaki first before I read the book by Diana Wynne Jones. They're both fantastic and beautiful.

3 fun facts about you?

1. I collect owls and ducks - I'm at the point I don't even have room anymore for all of them.
2. I'm obsessed with musicals. I looooove them. And I try to see as many as I can in real life. But only if they're in English. I'll actually be seeing Evita on August 3rd, which I'm super excited for!
3. I have a 4 y/o bunny called Ducky. She's my baby!

Whats your guilty pleasure?

Paranormal Reality Shows. I admit, I'm addicted. From Ghost Hunters to Destination Truth to A Haunting to Paranormal Witness. I love them all!

What is the best thing that has happened to you since you started blogging:

So many great things have happened to me since I started blogging. I think the best thing has been meeting these amazing authors even though it's just virtually. Also I think it's great how they trust me to read and review their books. I'm still amazed that they want MY opinion on their books. I can't get over it.

Best piece of advice you received about blogging?

A lot of people told me not to put too much pressure on myself and not take too much on my plate with blogging, reviewing and everything in between. I'm really taking that advice to heart this year because last year I found myself accept too many books for review and I came to a point where I couldn't even read the book I had on my shelf waiting for me. 

If you could have lunch 3 Characters, who would they be?

1. Artemis Fowl (from Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer)- I'd LOVE to get in that genius head of his. He'd probably outsmart me with every question I had but still!
2. Adrian Ivashkov (from Vampire Academy and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead) - He's my ultimate book boyfriend. I would have lunch with him, probably fawn over him the whole time and then keep him forever. Muhahaha
3.  Will Herondale (from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare- - Honestly, I just kind of want to chase him with a duck.


If you got stranded on an island what: 
- 3 books would you want with you

1. The Complete Stories and Poems by Edgar Allan Poe 
2. All the A Song of Fire and Ice books by George R. R. Martin
3. All the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling

That should keep me busy for a while.

- 3 items you cannot live without

1. Kindle!
2. Phone
3. Laptop

These things wouldn't really be of use on an island but... yeah... that's all I got. lol =)

Quick quiz round:

Fav tv show: Reign 
Fav movie: Spirited Away
Coffee or tea or Hot Chocolate: Coffee
Dream Vacation place: Egypt
Vanilla or chocolate: Vanilla


~~~

Well I hope you enjoyed catching up with me!! Wishing you all a wonderful month!!

Love

Chanzie

8 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful month! I see you got the next books from the Nightshade series, yay! Have yet to buy them too.
    Thanks for introducing to us Stephanie, I loved her answer of chasing Will Herondale with a duck, lol.
    I'll pop over to her blog and say hi. ;)

    Cheers for another month of happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I seriously need to finish reading Nightshade!!! Stephanie is awesome :) So happy to introduce her to you... Cheers to many more awesome books!!

      Delete
  2. Yay. Thanks for having me on your blog, Chene! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My total pleasure!!! Thanks for welcoming me into the blogging community and the fun reread-a-thons... when are we moving on to the Shadow kiss re-read?

      Delete
  3. Great post, Chanzie! I'm anxiously awaiting Blood Games and Opposition as well, and I can't wait to hear what you think about First Frost. I really like that series, but I haven't finished yet. However, I did just snag the last book yesterday, b/c it finally went on sale ;) ALSO--lovely interview! It was very nice to meet Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won a copy of blood games!!!! Woohoo can you believe it.. I love winning giveaways *tee hee* So many great series to read... *closes eyes and picks one*

      Delete
  4. Really liked the blog of the month pick. It's always nice to connect with bloggers across the globe. I know very few European book bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree... I have made friends on every continent!!!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.