Friday, 25 July 2014

MYWA Random Ramblings: 10 Reasons why you need a bookish person if you were stranded on an island



Hello everyone!!

A while ago my hubby and I went to visit friends who were staying on farm at the bottom of a mountain. While we were walking a long a hike I was thinking to myself how all 3 of them would be able to survive if they were all stranded on an island. 

Guy (my husband) - is a make a plan man. He is your 4x4, offroad and camping guy. He would be able to make shelter, a fire and provide food - just to name a few things...

Roché - Ranger Roach! Yes he is a qualified ranger and can protect you in the wild. He is like a walking wildlife encyclopedia and can fend for himself (and others). He can use the stars as a map and will get you to safety (our very own Bear Grylls)

Anzette - Look this girl knows how to look after herself... She is engaged to Ranger Roach and is pretty bad-ass. You don't want to get on her wrong side, but she is such an awesome girl and so much fun! Guaranteed laughs. She can catch fish, make a fire and do pretty much everything the two above can do! 

Then there is me... You can see how depressed all the above skills might have made me, and yes I was a little despondent at the time. Why on earth would they need me? So I started analysing my skills... Reading, reading, reading and writing?

Then it hit me... I have knowledge of the paranormal elements!! Plus lots and lots of read-about skills... *tee hee* 

~ Top Ten Reasons You need a bookish person ~

1 - We know the different types of vampires, how to test and kill them
(Twilight, Vampire Academy, Trueblood, The Vampire Bride, Dracula.. Shall I go on?)

We know how to survive a Zombie apocalypse - 2

3 - We know how pack life works with werewolves and how to deal with them

We know magic - even a Muggles can learn it - 4

5 - We know how to rock climb 
(Yes I read about this in A Boat made of Bone and in my opinion it counts!!! Check out my review here)

We know how to deal with mythological gods (Egyptian or Nordic) - 6
(Gameboard of the Gods, Daughter of Isis, Son of Set.. etc) 

7 - We have really great memories and can store facts for later use

We make really great conversationalists - 8 
(without alcohol or mind altering substances) - we are interesting!

9 - We have picked up various survival skills and medical tips

We'll have lots of good campfire stories to tell to keep things interesting! - 10

~~~

Well there you go... I feel a lot better now! 

What skills do you bring to the party?? Leave it in the comments!!!





4 comments:

  1. That is some island you fancy yourself stranded on, LOL. Seriously, any island on which that list of attributes is both useful and attractive sounds like my kind of place ;) Great post, Chanzie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds exciting, fun and dangerous!!! *tee hee* I knew you might enjoy this post :) Thanks for the visit!!

      Delete
  2. Haha aren't we the best allies ever? You know what they say: marry a reader. Your husband knew what he was doing, Chené! Another wonderful skill of ours is how to survive and take down that island in case it's a capitol hunger games arena and look bad ass with our hair up in a braid. Just saying. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!!! I love your train of thought... Readers = Awesome *tee hee*

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.