Monday, 21 July 2014

Mini Book review: Whispers from the Past (Charmed #4) by Rosalind Noonan

Series: Charmed #4
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication Date: 2000
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy
Source: Library
Audio or Book: Paperback
Length: 179 pages



Overview:


Phoebe Halliwell is having a very bad day. A demon has pulled her back centuries into the past and she has no way of telling her sisters, Prue and Piper, what has happened to her.




Previous reviews:
The Power of Three #1
Kiss of Darkness #2
The Crimson Spell #3


My Review:

This was such a fun read - Whispers from the past is one of my favourite Charmed reads so far. The story is about all three sisters, but for me it was mostly about Phoebe. I could picture the adventure exactly like it would happen in the TV show. 

You get to see the darker side of Prue and Piper... Let me tell you they are bad-ass! Phoebe gets sucked into a time portal while chasing a demon and gets stuck in the 1600's... The time of the witch hunts! You can just imagine how things can go wrong on both ends as Phoebe tries to get home and her sisters start turning evil slowly but surely. 


Final Thoughts:

I can honestly say I am addicted to these quick reads! Too bad I am 10 years to late and am having trouble locating some of the books. 

My Rating:


Love

Chanzie



12 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was a Charmed series, looked fun!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes it is such a fun light read!!!

      Delete
  2. Haha!! I actually watched an episode of Charmed on TV the other day and thought of you!! lol Prue was 16 again!! lol
    Great review Chanzie... good to see you are still enjoying the books. Hope you manage to find them all!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I love charmed and am so stoked to hear you thought of me *tee hee* I really hope I can find them all too :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't aware of the Charmed series, but now i like to look that after reading your review.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither.. I found them by accident at the library! It's like a quick trip down memory lane and they such light and easy reads :) Hope you get to check them out!

      Delete
  4. I loved Charmed! My sister and I watched it religiously. I wasn't sure how I'd enjoy the books, but now that you say they explore stuff like the darker side of Prue and Piper, that's very tempting. Does your library system do the interlibrary loan (ILL) because then you can request the book through ILL? I hope you can get your hands on more books. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Another Charmed fan!! I didn't expect to much from the books, but they surprised me :) I don't think South Africa has such an advanced library system. It's quite sad actually :( If I lived close by I would totally post them to you!! Amazon has most of them for really cheap.. Thanks for the visit Robyn!

      Delete
  5. I know that it's probably all in my head, but I can never wrap my head around reading a book from a TV show that I never watched. Actually, I don't think I've ever read a book from a TV show that I have watched. Is that weird, LOL? Regardless, I'm glad you liked this one, Chanzie. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I don't blame you :) Well it would be just like reading any other book then I think...??? Have you read vampire diaries?? We are all weird Jessica *tee hee* it's just the degrees that differ and make us amazing!!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh there's charmed books :O How did I not know this! Loved the show, one of my favorites when I was younger. I ran around hoping I could get powers as well haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha that is the exact way I felt when I saw the first book... Then I saw there were over 40 published!! Lol I think we all went through the 'charmed' phase wishing to inherit some powers *tee hee*

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.