Sunday, 6 July 2014

~ July MWYA Monthly Buzz ~

Hello lovelies! 

What a weird winter we are having... The days are super warm (not summer warm but hot enough not to wear a jacket) and the nights are freezing 80% of the time... I think we in for a cold snap soon, a friend of mine saw snow on Table Mountain on her way home this morning! 

Well this month has been a slow reading month, I have only just kept up with the reviews that I signed up for. I have 2 more books to read then I am commitment free and can focus on finishing my book.. I am so excited about this. Here is my IWSG post if you missed it! 

I have had to cut back on some blog time with everything going on in my life + work, so I reply to comments and visit back on weekends. I still love you all and promise to make up for absence on weekends <3

So my book of the month winner is... Nightshade by Andrea Cremer 
This month I decided to make the poll for sequels so that I can work on finishing some series instead of starting new ones the entire time. So head on over and vote please *go go go*



So what happened in June
Events : Music Festival

Topics of light 






New on my bookshelf
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green




Competition win
You killed my brother by Keith Rommel from Lynda @ Books Direct Online
Spark by KC Stewart from The Masquerade Crew



This month
upcoming reviews 


Anticipated releases


~ Blogoverse: Blog of the Month ~


The Reader and the ChefThe Blogoverse Buzz will have a quick feature of a blog that stood out to me and made a difference in my blogoverse.. in other words they have a really amazing blog!

This month we have a double duo: Melissa & Flor from The Reader & The Chef!!
<3 Pop over to her blog and say Hello <3 


Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself:
Hi everyone! My name is Melissa Robles and I'm "The Reader" at The Reader and the Chef (my sister Flor is the Chef).I'm 20 years old and I live in Mexico where I study International Trade and Customs. I enjoy reading YA/NA Contemporary, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, and basically almost every other genre. Besides from reading, I loooove to sing and I write poetry from time to time.

When and why did you start blogging?
I started book blogging almost 6 months ago because I've wanted to have a place of my own to write reviews and talk about the books I love. I was terrified to open a blog at first, so instead I joined  Cuzinlogic.com's book review team little over a year ago to start getting the hang about blogging and stuff. I still do reviews there but I soon realized that nothing beats having your own blog. I love it.

Best thing for you about blogging and the not so great thing?
The best things are the books and the community. I love getting to know about books I might possibly enjoy and I can't do this without the amazing community which is always there, ready to give you book recommendations and a push in the right direction when you need it.

The not so great thing is how time consuming it is to even make a small post. I keep waiting for the day when I'll be able to make a post in half an hour, but it seems it's not anytime soon. It's all worth it though.

What are your top 3 books / series?
Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

What are you top 3 recipes / treats?
My sister would have loved this question! For me it's:
Marshmallows
Pumpkin Pie
Oatmeal

Favorite TV Series or Movie that was based on a book?
Black Beauty is my favorite book-to-movie adaptation. I cry every time I watch it because it's sooo sad yet simply stunning. It's the autobiography of a horse who struggles all his life going home from home, getting at times good owners and sometimes really awful ones. Yet, despite everything he goes through, this beautiful creature never ceases to have the purest of hearts. *Sigh* You must watch this movie if you haven't already (and the book if you can too!).

3 fun facts about you?
I struggle to roll my R's unlike how (almost) all Mexicans do. It sucks.
I can't stand still for more than 10 seconds even if my life depended on it.
I broke a water pipe last saturday when I was giving my dog a bath so I had to stick my finger into the pipe and stay there for an hour until the plumber arrived. :(

What is the best thing that has happened to you since you started blogging:
Oh, it has to be when the director of Kobo Writing Life sent me a free Kobo Glo with some cool swag instead of only the swag I was supposed to get. Mind you, that didn't had to do exactly with my blog since I won the swag from #k8chat, but I certainly think it helped to have it. Or maybe it was just luck.

Best piece of advice you received about blogging?
Don't stress it. Write about what you want and when you want, and don't let anything change your voice if it means not being you.
(From a #k8chat about blogging)

If you could have lunch 3 Characters, who would they be?
*Gasp!* I could never eat any of them, Chené! Shame on you.  Alright, alright, if you insist... I could take a bite or two out of Étienne St. Clair, Cricket Bell (both from Stephanie Perkins' books) and Four from Divergent. Okay I lied, I could eat HIM whole...with chocolate cake.

(He he, the same answer applies if it's with whom I would like to have lunch with.)

If you got stranded on an island what: 
- 3 books would you want with you
Tough one! Okay: Les Maléfices d' Halequin by Marc Cantin
(because I don't know french and I could spend some time figuring it out).
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Any book about how to get off an island when you're stranded :D

- 3 items you cannot live without
My bookshelf (with everything inside), food, and my phone with endless battery and wifi reception that I just invented.

Quick quiz round:
Fav tv show: Gilmore Girls
Fav movie: The Corpse Bride 
Coffee or tea or Hot Chocolate: Hot chocolate
Dream Vacation place: Paris
Vanilla or chocolate: Chocolate


~~~

Aren't they awesome??  Anyway my lovelies I am off to watch the Silverstone Grand Prix (Go Redbull!!) and then I have some work to do on my book :) 

Love

Chanzie

8 comments:

  1. Thanks again Chené, for featuring us on your blog! <3 <3 <3
    I think you are going to love Nightshade by Andrea Cremer, it's fantastic! I have yet to continue the series tho, I'll have to get them soon. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure! You girls are so awesome :) I'll be starting Nightshade this week!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I'm not alone in figuring out the balancing act. I'm also super excited for you! Yay!!! Go Chene!

    Thanks for introducing Melissa and Flor! What a terrific blog they have!

    Wishing you a terrific week! Happy reading and writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he! I think it's you, me and every other blogger trying to find the perfect balance formula :)
      Thank you Ginny!! Glad I could introduce you to this awesome duo <3

      Delete
  3. Hope you'll like Nightshade! I loved that series until I reached the the third and final instalment... I was so disappointed that I didn't write the review either :(

    YAY for Melissa and Flor! Melissa is a lovely girl and I always appreciate her comments on my blog :)

    Have a terrific time with your reads, Chanzie (my reviews for The Josie Hawk Chronicles are up today, woot!) and with your writing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too!!! Wow ok hope the 3rd book is ok... *eek*
      Thanks for all the love and support Silvia :)

      Delete
  4. Great post, Chanzie! And it's summer--things always get a little crazy in the summer. I just got back from the beach myself ;) And I really hope you like Nightside too. It's been awhile since I read it, but I really liked it. PS: Gilmore Girls is the best TV show EVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he thanks Jessica :) FYI... it's winter here but we are having a really warm one at that! I think we are in for one hell of a cold snap *brrrr*
      Ha ha don't judge but I haven't ever really watched Gilmore Girls *tee hee* I'll keep an eye out just for you!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.