Wednesday, 2 July 2014

IWSG #3 - July 2014




Alex J Cavanaugh created this awesome group to share and encourage each other as writers. 
To Sign up click here


The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. 
The first Wednesday of every month you can share your worries without judgement and/or your triumphs with complimentary confetti!  
Join us - it's fun, a great way to connect with fellow writers, and we all can support one another!

Hello Everyone! 

Sorry I missed last month but it has been a bit crazy. So, I do have some super exciting news... Last week Friday I met with a lady, Dianne Lang, who is a published author and has quite a bit of experience with getting your book out there into the world!

On the evening of the 17th June, after I finished a webinar (from a course I am doing), there was an email in my inbox with the title 'Ever wanted to write a book'. It felt like a big smack on the back, a sign from above and just the nudge I needed. 

The next day I sent Dianne an email and we set up a meeting. I can happily say we have a deadline and some goals to achieve... soon! I am so excited and nervous at the same time. 
It's happening.. it's happening my fellow IWSG peeps. I am doing it... getting my book ready, one chapter at a time, to be put out to the world! The content is there is just needs to be panelbeated and shaped to be readable and presentable. 

Dianne is such a wonderful vibrant lady and I am so excited to be working with her.

 *Watch this space* and I will keep you guys up to date! 

Yes, I seem to be bouncing off the walls today but hey... That's OK!!!

How is your writing going? Let me know in the comments!



22 comments:

  1. That is exciting news! Look forward to the updates as your book moves forward. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin!! It really is exciting and surreal :)

      Delete
  2. Fun and exciting! Congrats, Chanzie. I am finalizing work on my first poetry collection to be published in August. Insecurity is trying to creep in, but so far I am holding it at bay. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean :) Oh I know that insecurity feeling - I have it about once a week! Best of luck with your release :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, that sounds great! You should totally be jumping off the walls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MIchelle :) Right now I am giddy with excitement.. I think when I see it in paperback I will be bouncing off the walls, throwing a party *tee hee*

      Delete
  4. That is awesome, Chene! Congratulations!! I am looking forward to updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrys! It feels good to be making progress :) baby steps!

      Delete
  5. Congrats! Every step along the way to publishing is exciting. Enjoy it and keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Oooh I just read one of your short stories in Portals!!! Thanks Anna :)

      Delete
  7. That's awesome you have a mentor who can help you!! Make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome.. I am so blessed and lucky :) Thank you Alex!

      Delete
  8. That's exciting news! I'm so happy for you and am glad to see your dream coming true! :D

    Jennifer @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer :) We will be celebrating together!! Come on girl *cheers*

      Delete
  9. Congratulations!!! That's awesome! I am SO happy for you! Can't wait to read it and help you spread the word! Big hugs and positive vibes being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny :) I really appreciate all the love & support!

      Delete
  10. That's fantastic, Chanzie!!

    ReplyDelete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.