Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Blog Tour: Soul Twister (A Touched Girl #3) by Robyn Jones


Welcome to my stop on the Soul Twister (A Touched Girl #3) by Robyn Jones Blog Tour!



Soul Twister (A Touched Girl Novel #3) by Robyn Jones
Published: Expected Publication - 2014
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Goodreads Summary:

Months into recovering from the bloody events that took place in Soul Bender, Anna Pierce is ready to get back out there and fulfill her self-crafted destiny. Sadly, no one in her life feels the same way. The emergence of buried memories and out-of-the-blue powers send her straight into regular sessions with the school counselor. If only she could talk about her overly protective vampire boyfriend or the real threat posed by former friends turned enemies or her new guide who makes her former guide look like a bowl of sunshine. Anna has a lot going on, but at least she's too busy to think about her first Christmas at Ella's.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22324884-soul-twister?from_search=true


Since Anna Pierce is one heck of a quirky girl,
I thought I’d do a Robyn Jones 

Top 10 list of quirks.


10. I always drink milk or apple juice when I eat peanut butter sandwiches.

9. I write inspirational quotes on my hands.

8. I’m a list girl, but I don’t like big sheets of paper, so there’s usually a flurry of little torn pieces of paper around my work space (which is everywhere since I use a laptop).

7. I’m ambidextrous, but more dominant with my left. That’s not the quirky part. I fear when I’m a righty, I’m a little bit more...normal.

6. I aced Logic in college and I’m the most illogical person I know.

5. I absolutely love airplane turbulence. We’re talking squealing and possibly accidental clapping.

4. I’m a sleepwalker.

3. If you startle me you might get punched. Or at least you’ll get an up close view of my awesome secret ninja skills.

2. I have piss poor peripheral vision, so it’s easy to startle me.

1. I put stuff away in the most brilliant places and can never find them again. Recently, I lost my favorite hat for months only to find it at the bottom of my underwear drawer. My feisty mother asked me if that meant I hadn’t worn undies for the last few months.

~~~

Excerpt:

“That was a real show, Anna.” Trent stood over me, looking smug, arrogant, haughty, all of those. He had the whole wavy brown hair, blue eyes, tall, fit, thing going on. He slid next to me and crossed his arms. I waited for the lean-in maneuver he did right before offering one of his trademark mean observations. “Do you often step in front of a flying punch to stop a fight?”

“Thought you’d be heartbroken if your pretty face was messed up.” I quickly learned that this boy hurt my feelings if I didn’t channel Betsy’s bad attitude. I almost patted myself on the back for a job well done.

“That was all for my benefit? It had nothing to do with looking for ways to get hurt?” Attitude, I had to find it somewhere. I stood and turned my back to him, hoping he couldn’t see how much he got to me, only to realize the powwow over my well-being was in full force. Their expressions took me back to my parents after I stopped talking at the tender age of five. Each furrowed brow said the same thing, “Anna needs professional help.” Not good. I would be institutionalized if all my Brad-memories returned. Everything seemed to teeter on my brain’s ability to keep locked away what everyone in this lunchroom wanted me to work through.

“There’s no need for your sad huddle. I’m good.” I felt my fingers drum the tops of my thighs and my calves tighten as I went up to my toes. I talked my heels down and my fingers to stop to prove I was the model of mental stability.

“Anna.”

“I need to get to class. Or am I suspended, too? I did push Cody, but that was to protect the other one.” Still couldn’t say Jason’s name out loud. I turned to grab my stuff from the corner where I should have stayed put, when Mr. Howard walked over.

“If she doesn’t talk to someone, will she go silent again, or worse?” The words never left his lips. Maybe I needed to bury my head under some pillows and sleep it off. All eyes zeroed in on me, a silent plea in their matching stares.

“Someone convince the girl,” Ella said on a huff. “Staring at her won’t do the trick. Lord knows the world could be watching and she’d twirl.”

“I think what your grandmother is-”

“Mr. Howard, do not speak for me. Anna, you are going to counseling. You’re a mess . . .”
My mind finally did the right thing and tuned her out.


For a limited time, the First 2 Touched Girl novels are on sale for $.99 at Amazon!

Purchase Links:     Soul Walker |    Soul Bender



About Robyn Jones: 

I laugh when people fall down. It's a glitch in my programming, but even my mom has suffered this quirk. I have a BA in Studio Art from the University of Puget Sound. My boys make me laugh every day. I steal pens; I try real hard not to. I collect those free bookmarks at the checkout counter at libraries. I've had more stitches than anyone I know. I love stories; writing them, reading them, watching them. You can email me at robgirlbooks@gmail.com.


Giveaway: 8 Winners!



18 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for being part of the tour, Chanzie! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I hate that! I also put a charm "safely" away and now I can't find it anywhere. :/And I wish I could write with both hands too, it must be cool and not as tiring as using the one hand.
    Awesome list, thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another person who puts stuff away in clever (well-hidden) places. Yay!

      Delete
    2. Lol those elusive 'safe places' I do love finding these things later on all over again *tee hee*

      Delete
  3. LEFTIES RULE!! Hehe :) Loved the list of quirks, and the excerpt was a fun read too. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lefties totally rule! We're just cool people.

      Delete
    2. I wish I could write with both hands! Good luck in the giveaway :)

      Delete
  4. I am ambidextrous too, but my mom had me use my right hand as a child. Zane is pretty good with both hands too, but he doesn't use his left as much. I can still write pretty well with the left and I find myself throwing things with it. I like to leave remotes in the refrigerator LOL Thank you so much for joining the tour!! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crack me up with the remotes in the fridge. That's pretty neat that you and Zane are good with both hands.

      Delete
    2. I wish I was ambidextrous! Lol remotes in the fridge.. that's a new one to me :)

      Delete
  5. What a great post! Those little quirks make us special!
    I love number 6! "I aced Logic in college and I’m the most illogical person I know."

    I interviewed Robyn! Here is the link: http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2014/07/soul-twister-blog-tour-yay.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see the Logic quirk being right up your alley, Athina, uh, not that you're illogical, but you're a writer and we're a nutty lot.

      Delete
    2. Exactly! What makes us different makes us beautiful as well :)

      Delete
  6. Soul Twister sounds like an interesting read Chanzie.. You know I like a good Vampire read!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes I do!! Thanks for the visit Naomi :)

      Delete
  7. I first heard about this series on Brandee's blog a couple of days ago, but this post has greatly increased my interest. I think that list of quirks is the best sell for a book I've ever seen on a blog tour<-----LOVED it. Thanks for sharing, Chanzie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I loved the quirk list is awesome too.. I mean who want to normal when you can have quirks and be awesome *tee hee*

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.