Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Topic of Light: Well Done!

Hello Lovelies

I hope you have had a wonderful week and are doing well and staying positive! 

This week I have had a young girl as a 'shadow' at work (a student who needs some hours for her degree) and it has been an ultimate blessing for me and I was sure I was going to get drowned under all the filing I had piling up on my desk. She works by us twice a week until she has met her quota hours for her work experience required for her diploma. Anyway.. why am I telling you this?? Well, she is helping me a lot with filing as well as little odds and ends, here and there which helps me tackle other things I need to do too. While explaining some of the simpler things I realised that it might sound so simple but some logic really does only come with experience. 

I have had her help me out for about 2 weeks already and I have learnt some valuable lessons about myself. 

As people we are always trying to improve, always trying to do better and most of the time complaining that we are not moving fast enough. Have you ever taken a step back and seen how far you have actually come? When I did this I realised I have accomplished much more than I gave myself credit for! Well done to me... What a great feeling! And it is quite motivating to keep on going.  

So this post is just a reminder to stop, take a look around and see how far you have come and say Well Done! You earned it and keep going... 

I'd love to hear from you and any 'aha' moments you might have had. 

~ Love and Light ~


8 comments:

  1. The people who really need reminding of how well they have done, or are doing, rarely hear it. Those that do are often too self-congratulatory. It's nice, and important, as this post highlights (and rams home) to perhaps be a bit kinder to ourselves. The world outside and sometimes inside can be a cruel one. I instantly felt better after reading this. Your topics are like Lucozade Sport but without the heady caffeine and sugar! Thanks Chene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are our own harshest critics most of the time John. I think if we work on having a more positive outlook, be kinder to ourselves and look for the good in the world, we will find it :) Your comparison made me laugh and fell good. Thank you John :)

      Delete
  2. I disagree, John. I do pat myself on the back, and I also hear good things about what I've done (and keep doing) from other people, but I don't feel too self-congratulatory at all. What I feel instead is that I accomplished something, and that is a precious feeling that leaves me quite happy and satisfied.
    Plus, if you consider that we all have hard times (sometimes very hard ones), this: "Have you ever taken a step back and seen how far you have actually come? When I did this I realised I have accomplished much more than I gave myself credit for! Well done to me... What a great feeling! And it is quite motivating to keep on going." is always a good thing to follow. Well said, Chanzie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear you feel accomplished and can recognise your own achievements! Thank you for the positive feedback Silvia :)

      Delete
  3. That is a great point Chanzie. I have never thought of sitting back and congratulating myself... And I am a busy Mum of 3, I deserve it now and then!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Yes you do deserve it Naomi :) You are an absolutely wonderful friend and I am sure you are a fabulous mom!

      Delete
  4. For a while I haven't been satisfied with where I am in life at the moment. When I was in my teens, I thought I'd have it all together at the age of 32. I thought I'd have my master's degree, a career in grief counseling, at least one book published, and living somewhere else. I'm about to turn 33 next month, and I can tell you, I still am not sure I have it together, lol.

    But then I started thinking how all the choices I've made have led me to where I am and who I am, and I don't think I'd want to change anything. I'm really lucky to be a stay-at-home-mom. When my daughter was born, I went back to college and graduated with my bachelor's in psych when she was two. I worked from four weeks after she was born until she was five years old and in kindergarten, so I feel like I missed out on some things with her. But I got to go to every school event she's had without having to worry about taking time off work, so that's been really great. I've stayed at home with my son since he's been born, and even after he goes to kindergarten, I'll still stay at home and start baby-sitting my niece until she goes to school. Then from there, I don't know what. I could do anything.

    We are our own toughest critic, so it's a good idea to take a moment and see how much we've accomplished instead of being so hard on ourselves. Thanks for reminding us, Chanzie! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow it sounds like you have come a long way Jennifer!! You are so lucky to be a stay at home mom, I always wished that could happen for me but currently it doesn't look like that will happen for me anytime soon.

      Well Done Jennifer :) You are exactly where you need to be in your life and it's our drive and determination that will keep us going!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.