Monday, 2 June 2014

Mini Book Review: Kiss of Darkness (Charmed #2) by Brandon Alexander & Constance M Burge

Series: Charmed #2
Publisher: Pocket
Publication Date: 1999
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy
Source: Library
Audio or Book: Paperback
Length: 182 pages

Goodreads Synopsis:

Something changed Prue Halliwell on New Year's Eve, when a stranger gave her the most passionate kiss of her life. Now Prue feels driven to kiss every man she meets. At first this is fun, but when Prue starts to grow weaker with every kiss, the Charmed Ones know evil is afoot.






Previous reviews:
The Power of 3 (Charmed #1)

My Review:
I really enjoyed this quick read. I chose this book because I needed a light in between read and this series is just perfect for that! It's a quick magical adventure with just enough depth to satisfy your reading requirements and light enough that you can breeze through it without too much concentration. 

For me, even though this book was mainly about Prue - I really grew to love Phoebe even more. She might be the youngest and an airhead but I really connected with her. Most people over estimate her and just over look her but she is just so much fun, so caring and has a beautiful heart. I loved Piper's little romance that has started with Jake too. I haven't always been the biggest fan of Prue but with the 3 of them together - You are guaranteed an adventure.

My Rating:


Love

Chanzie



12 comments:

  1. Hehe... yes, you are certainly guaranteed adventure with these crazy witches. Nice to see you still enjoyed it and the growing relationships of the other characters. Great review.

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed - I <3 Charmed and all three of those crazy witches! I am trying to source the missing books where I can *tee hee* there goes my book ban!

      Delete
  2. you have noted book 2 in the title and book 1 otherwise in series. It's nice to have a series like that to have a break. I remember reading them a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed it! Thank you Melliane :) I really am loving these little escape reads <3

      Delete
  3. You know you're a book blogger when... you need an 'in-between' read. LOL I'm enjoying your reviews of this series; they are a nice trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha true that Carmel!! I am so glad you are enjoying the reviews :) I just want to go snuggle up and re-watch the series... *sigh where do I find the time*

      Delete
  4. I loved the Charmed tv series and didn't realize there were books. Glad you enjoyed this one Chene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I discovered them while browsing the library one day <3

      Delete
  5. I love older fantasy books! This series reminds me a teensy bit of Buffy and all the fun they are to read. I'll try to read them soon! Thanks for the review Chanzie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I really hope you do try them out :) They are so much fun and a nice light read. I should try the Buffy and Angel books sometime too!

      Delete
  6. All I can say is I loved the series, still do truth be told. Nice to know they are out there--the books I mean not the witches. hehehe

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.