Thursday, 5 June 2014

~ June MWYA Monthly Buzz ~

Hello Everyone!! 

Wow.. can you believe we are already basically half way through the year!!! where did the time go?? Winter has been so strange.. It's like summer is basically fighting to stick around a little bit longer.. but I think we are going to have a cold snap really soon *sigh* well the sooner winter arrives... the sooner summer will be on it's way (yes this is what I keep telling myself to make it through these super duper cold cuddle months). 



So whats up and whats new.. Not much let me tell you. I have been in a very very slow reading slump and basically been reading light fluffy books but... The Mortal Instruments have been calling my name especially since City of Heavenly Fire was just released last month *whoop whoop*. I was very proud as I was so very tempted to pre-order it... but I didn't, because I have to catch up on quite a few books in the series. When I get to the end of book 4 - I am allowed to order it!


So my BOTM read is: Bitten by Kelly Armstrong


I really hope this one is good.. the past 2 winners haven't really lived up to much. Shatter Me was OK and Grave Mercy was a DNF for me. I am hoping it starts improving soon. Although I have had some good feedback From Niki @ The Obsessive Bookseller that this is a good one *Yay* 


I know I have been a scarce around the blogosphere and I am so sorry about that but I have made an effort to make lots of comments when I have had the time!!!


Plus last thing.. I have 2 days to go until I have finished my 100 Happy Days Challenge!! *Woohoo* wow where did the time fly and I have loved posting pictures every day of at least one thing that made me happy. 

Last month

Topics of light
Book reviews


Topic of Light: Where is the rewind Button?


Guest Posts


Competition Winners of Phantom Dreams by TK Harris:
Michelle Stanley, Jennifer Ricketts, Michaela Williams, Melissa Robles & Christell Smith


New on my bookshelf


~ Competition wins for me this month ~

Love, Lex by Avery Aster from Jennifer @ Reading & Writing UF & PNR
The midnight spell by Rhiannon Frater & Kody Boye from Jennifer @ Donnie Darko Girl
Talisa Santiago Series by Jamie Hayden from Lynda @ Books Direct Online
Portals - A fantasy anthology from Roane Publishing


Whats happening in June
upcoming reviews 

A book I am completely excited about since I saw the movie trailer and read a few great reviews... 
I need to read it & want to own it.. asap..


Check out Melissa's Review @ The Reader & the Chef


~ Blogoverse: Blog of the Month ~
The Blogoverse Buzz will have a quick feature of a blog that stood out to me and made a difference in my blogoverse.. in other words they have a really amazing blog!

This month we have the super awesome Jennifer Ricketts from Donnie Darko Girl!!


Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself:
I'm Jennifer, and I blog about all kinds of bookishness at my blog, Donnie Darko Girl. I'm 32 and married with two kids. We live in Ohio, although I dream of moving somewhere warmer. I love the 60's and the 90's, have four tattoos and counting,  and love dyeing my hair different colors (it's blue right now). I'm known to sing, whistle, or hum quite a bit. I LOVE horror movies, especially when I get to see them in the theater. When I'm not reading, I love spending time with my husband and kids and blogging. :) 
When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in January 2012. My husband suggested I start up a blog back in 2009, but I wasn't sure if it was something I could stick with as I tend to be a bit flaky. I couldn't figure out how to set one up on Wordpress, so I gave up. Then in 2012, I started seeing a lot of them mentioned on Goodreads and decided it was finally time to start one up of my own. I've been blogging for almost two and a half years now, and that's a huge accomplishment for me. I think my husband might now regret he suggested I start one up. ;) 
Best thing for you about blogging and the not so great thing?

Best - Blogging has been one of the best experiences, and I'm so glad I finally took the plunge! By blogging, I've made many new friends, improved my writing, and discuss not only books I've read but also all kinds of fun bookish topics. 
Not so great - The pressure can get to be a bit too much sometimes. It's totally my fault - I keep saying I'll cut back on the books for review I sign up for, but it doesn't seem to happen. I end up becoming overwhelmed at times, and I don't want to feel that way. Blogging should be fun and low stress. 


I had to stop accepting review requests, which was a really hard thing for me to do. It took me months to post a notice because I really hate saying no. But it wouldn't be fair to authors to make them wait several months for a review of their book. 
What are your top 3 books / series?
1. Harry Potter
2. The Addicted to You series by Krista & Becca Ritchie
3. The Yara Silver Trilogy by Lani Woodland
Favorite TV Series or Movie that was based on a book?
The Walking Dead (graphic novels) & Catching Fire
3 fun facts about you?
I'm obsessed with the 60's
I have a punk rock Hello Kitty tattoo I got in Las Vegas
I can tell you just about anything you'd want to know about Transformers
Who are your top 3 book boyfriends?
1. Brent from The Yara Silver Trilogy by Lani Woodland
2. Damian from the Vesik Series by Eric R. Asher 
3. Berkeley from In Bloom by Katie Delahanty
What is the best thing that has happened to you since you started blogging:
I've moved past much of the fear I had about people reading what I put out there. Knowing that people are reading what I'm writing is exhilarating and makes me even more excited to get serious about writing novels.  
Best piece of advice you received about blogging?
Reach out to other bloggers - help them when they ask for help, leave thoughtful comments, share their links on your page, and join in a meme or two where you can meet other bloggers easily. If it wasn't for Feature & Follow Friday hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee, I would have missed out on meeting so many people. It's a low pressure fun way to socialize. 
If you got stranded on an island what: 
- 3 books would you want with you
1. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
2. The Addicted to You Series by Krista & Becca Ritchie
3.  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - I haven't read it yet although I hope to before the movie comes out! 
- 3 items you cannot live without
1. My iPhone
2. My Kindle
3. My Chromebook 
Quick quiz round:
Fav tv showMy fave TV show of all time is My So-Called Life
Fav movie: Donnie Darko ;)
Coffee or tea or Hot Chocolate: Coffee normally, hot chocolate on snowy days 
Dream Vacation place: Another country like Spain or Italy
Vanilla or chocolate: Chocolate
Fav reading genre: Horror & Young Adult
Thanks again for having me! x


Well guys, hope you enjoyed meeting Jennifer, she is absolutely awesome I love have bookish conversations with her.. I am sure you have seen a comment or two from her on quite a few posts! She is also an amazing positive support when it comes to writing and we are both going to be published writers one day!! *tee hee*

Thank you for all the visits, comment and love! You guys making all the time and effort of blogging totally worth it!!


Love

Chanzie


10 comments:

  1. Aw, Chanzie, thanks again for having me as the blog of the month! You're too cool for school. :) I'm starting The Fault in Our Stars today - my daughter has read it, and I'm taking her and her friend to the movies tomorrow to see it. I'm so excited to read it and can't wait until you read it, too! :)

    And yes, we will totally be published authors one day. I'm first in line for your book. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so awesome!! Your comments are always meaningful and I love our bookish discussions. I hope you enjoyed TFIOS, it is only getting released here on Friday and I am hoping to win a copy of the book in this one competition *holding thumbs*

      Woohooo bring on the publishing success!! I totally want a paperback copy of your book too!!!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, Bitten! I hope you'll love it. It's one of my favorite books and I have to say I also really like the new tv show. It's very close to the book!
    I LOVED The Fault in Our Stars. Before it I had never read any Young Adult Contemporary books. No kidding. Now John Green is one of my favorite authors. I can't wait to see the movie!

    I'm going to check out Jennifer's blog. Love getting to know other bloggers. The questions are awesome! I especially like the "If you got stranded on an island what 3 books would you want with you" one. Always nice to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too... I have had a few blogger friends tell me it's awesome. What new TV show?? Let me know and I will keep an eye out for it :)

      Eeek I am so excited for TFIOS, I am trying so hard to be patient *tee hee*

      Jennifer is so awesome, So happy to connect awesome bloggers to awesome bloggers!!

      Delete
  3. I just recently read Bitten and I liked it! A little slow going in the beginning but Clay is just swoon-worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I think I got bitten at the same time you posted your audiobook review.. Yip just went to go and check :) I'll hold on through the slow beginning and cannot wait to meet Clay <3

      Delete
  4. Great post Chanzie! You've picked up some fun books. I hope you like Daughter of Isis and Son of Set...I just finished the second one... I want more now!
    Fun Blogger interview! I haven't met Jennifer before... she's a hoot!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi!! I am loving The Descendants of Isis books <3 I am almost done with book 2 and I just love Seth!!

      Jennifer is so awesome, glad you got to meet her :)

      Delete
  5. I've never read Bitten before, but my other blogging friends are CRAZY about it... and now to know that you're talking about it too, it seriously makes me want to check it out! :) Great interview and post! :D

    Olivia @ Fictionally Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I hope you do check it out :) It was such a random pick up and buy when I saw it at the book exchange and then it won the poll!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.