Wednesday, 25 June 2014

A day out at the Music Festival - 2014

My SoCo & Free hat
Hello Everyone


So today I thought I would share my day out to the Music Festival here in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. 


Originally my husband and I were not sure whether to attend or not due to PE having some really bad organising skills when it comes to events planning. Really... PE is almost never on the radar for music concerts for International bands - Anyway moving on! 


Andre & Guy
A friend of ours called us up at the last minute and asked if we wanted to join him, so we thought why not! 45 minutes later we were on our way to check it out. 


I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually quite awesome and there was quite a bit of music talent floating around. Shortly after arriving we each grabbed something to eat and drink. I even got free hat - Awesome! Anyone who knows me... knows I love freebies!! 



Kendall & Edward
After roaming around for a while we caught up with these awesome peeps... Kendall and Edward. We were just in time to see Edward perform live in front of Century 21. I heard he was good but couldn't wait to hear it for myself. Apparently I am one of the few people that didn't know he actually made it to top 32 in SA Idols! 

Let me tell you it was awesome! There were a few different stages with different artists playing at any given time. The streets were festive with so many people, plus we had the perfect weather!




Did you enjoy the video?? This is one of my favourite songs and I just had to catch it!! All in all it was a wonderful day and we will definitely be returning next year. 

Here are some more pics.. 





Hope you enjoyed this peak at the fun day we had! 



14 comments:

  1. It definitely looks like you had LOTS of fun!! I knew a few of the pictures from Facebook and Instagram, but I loved the new ones you shared! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was indeed LOTS of fun and I don't know why they don't do this more often.. really!

      Delete
  2. This looks like so much fun! I love outdoor summer concerts!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun.. It is winter here by the way... Thats what made it so much more amazing!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun!! Glad you had fun!! :) I haven't gone to a music festival in a looooong time, that needs to change. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isabelle... Yes that needs to change if you can!! Just to think we almost missed it.... *thank you angels of fun for intervening*

      Delete
  4. I've never been to a music festival. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY? Gosh I hope you get to attend one and tick it off your bucket list :) *I officially added it on there for you* tee hee!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I LOVE music festivals. It looks like you had a blast! It's not a festival, but I'm going to see Hozier in Atlanta in October, and I'm really excited about that. Music is my second favorite thing after books ;) Thanks for sharing!

    Jessica @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hozier? Never heard of them but I KNOW you will have a blast!
      Music + live + US = FUN!!!!
      I totally know what you mean... Music is my second favourite love <3

      Delete
  6. That is so cool! I love Last Kiss too.... my sister was a big fan of Pearl Jam! The last festival I went to was with my cousins, and a lot of the music was ok. I knew some of the acts, but I'll stick to concerts instead. Fab post Chanzie!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Last Kiss = <3
      Concerts are awesome because you know who is going to play and what they will probably play. Music Festivals are fun because you can discover new favourites and have some good laughs with friends I guess :)

      Delete
  7. I would love to go to a Music Festival like this one! It looks like so much fun. Loved the video and the song, although I can't remember its name..? :D And yaaay for the free hat! Glad you liked it. :)

    Melissa @ The Reader and the Chef

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee! Well make a plan and go to one :) It is so worth and so much fun! The Song's name is Last Kiss :) I love freebie stuff <3

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.