Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Tour Stop & Mini Book Review: Alabaster nights (Josie Hawk #1) by Elle J Rossi




Series: Josie Hawk Chronicles #0.5

Publisher: Black Poppy Books

Publication Date: December 2013

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Source: Dark World Books (In exchange for an honest Review)

Audio or Book: eBook

Length: 83 pages
Overview:

A Vampire with a soul. A Huntress with a knife. In Nashville, Blood equals Power. 

Will one taste of Josie Hawk cost Keller everything?






I loved this novella. I wasn't sure what to expect when I signed up for this tour and couldn't even remember what drew me too it - but I am so glad I did!! This was my first introduction to Elle's work.

Elle has such a great writing style that just draws you in. One thing I picked up from another review was the change of pov's between characters. I'm not sure I would have thought about it too much and in my opinion it didn't affect the story for me.

Josie is one kick ass heroine. I love her feistiness. Keller is gorgeously swoon-worthy and awesome. I really cannot wait to continue with this series. This was the introduction of how Josie and Keller met. 

The plot is quick and to the point. Elle's pace is perfect and the story just sucks you right in. 

Final Thoughts: I think we will see some great things from this author!

My Rating:



Favourite Quotes

"It's too quiet tonight," I say, changing subjects. I'm pretty sure I know exactly what he means by tall walls and I have every intention of keeping them firmly in place. In fact, I might even add a few more rows of bricks and put a roof on top. I've always wanted to live in a fortress."
~ Josie Hawk
Books in the series:


Author Bio: 
Elle J Rossi is a writer of Dark Paranormal and Fantasy Romance. Overly fond of the happily ever after, Elle lets her characters take control as they lead her down dark and twisted paths on their haunting journey toward love.

When not writing, you'll more than likely catch her hanging with her husband, two kids and a cat who truly does rule the roost, or stealing the mic from her friends as the duel over country karaoke.

Author Links: Goodreads l website l twitter




Love
Chanzie



18 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't know this one but I'm glad it was a nice novella. I confess I'm curious to see what you think of a full book now. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited about the full novel. If the writing was this good in a novella I think Indigo Dawn will be really good:)

      Delete
  2. Josie and Keller sound pretty awesome. Happy this was a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh they are... I actually think this might just be your type of book too :) I'll let you know!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a pretty decent novella :) I do like the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was!! It totally surprised me :)

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you took part in the tour, Chanzie! I knew this could have been something of your liking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *tee hee* yep exactly my type of genre!!! I hope you guys host a tour for Indigo dawn too *hint hint nudge nudge wink wink*

      Delete
  5. I'm really glad you enjoyed this a lot, Chanzie! Uhm... I wonder which review that might be... ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep!!! I still loved it though :) I did find it a strange combo of POV's though. It is the first time I have seen that in a book.

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for taking the time to review ALABASTER NIGHTS. Josie and Keller crack me up and make me sigh at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure!!! I am really looking forward to getting to know Josie & Keller in the rest of your series <3 Josie has spunk and well Keller.. is Keller!

      Delete
  7. Oooh... I love Kick-ass heroine's, This sounds like an awesome read! Glad you loved it Chanzie... One for my TBR I think!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Yes Yes!! I think you will enjoy it as much as me <3 Hope it will be one for the 5 star recommended read pile *holds thumbs*

      Delete
  8. I find a lot of pleasant surprises during tours myself :) glad you loved this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tours are the best ways to find new authors!!! And tours are so much fun :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Chene!

    I somehow stumbled upon your blog (love when that happens!) so I figured to stop by and say hello! I am now following you and have "liked" your facebook page :)

    This book sounds very interesting, and it is funny that you said you can't really remember what drew you to the book, but you are glad you gave it a chance. That happened to me recently with a novella I just reviewed today. I was doing a book blitz for the book because something about it caught my eye. I asked the author for an ARC copy, and ended up reading it in one sitting! So I ended up squeezing the book in for a review, author Q&A, and giveaway because it was just that good. Book Tours really can be quite interesting!

    Anyway, awesome review and I'm glad I stopped by. Feel free to stop on over my blog and show it some love. Always looking for new blogger buddies to chat with!

    Best Wishes,
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mia!! Thank you for the visit and awesome long comment :) I will pop over and check out your blog now :) i know what you mean about squeezing books into the schedule... so many books to read.. so little time :) I really enjoy book tours and meeting all these new authors. I am so glad to find a new blogger buddy too <3

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.