Monday, 12 May 2014

Tour stop: Guest post & Excerpt: Fractured Truth (Book #3) by Rachel McClellan




~ Guest Post ~

Conquer the World with One Thing:
Confidence.

It's taken me a long time to get the confidence I have now. It all began when I was a teenager with a fear of being an unknown smudge on a wall. This fear made me into a very awkward teenager, and believe me when I say awkward. I wanted desperately to be different. I was always wearing funny-looking hats, crazy peace necklaces, and one time I even designed my father's shirt into pants.

Even though I may be remembered as "weird" by those who knew me, my desire to be different had bought me a ticket on the confidence train. Since then, the train has sluggishly tooted its way down life's tracks stopping along the way in hopes I'll take advantage of certain personal-growth moments. Sometimes I jumped and other times I cowered in the corner.

Some events that have helped me become confident over the years are starting a business at the age of 23, public speaking, sky-diving, and writing my first novel six years ago. This was the biggest confidence boost. Matching it was developing a love for running. Very little compares with the feeling of crossing a finish line after running for miles and miles.

Sometimes my confidence-train derails when doubt-demons try to hijack it, but I always do my best to get it back on track, because I haven't quite conquered the world yet.

What have you done in your life that has helped you build confidence?

Love

Rachel

Fractured Truth (Fractured Light, #3)
Synopsis:
Fractured Truth
(Fractured Light #3)
Llona is determined to end the fight with the Vykens once and for all. All she needs is to find and destroy the Shadow–the ultimate source of dark power. But when she makes a startling discovery about someone she loves, Llona has to fight the toughest battle yet in this exciting conclusion to the Fractured Light series.
Add Fractured Truth to your Goodreads list





Books in the series:
About Fractured Light (Book #1)
Llona Reese is used to living on the run. After the Vykens killed her parents, she knew they would eventually come for her too. She can’t take any chances. But when she starts to make friends for the first time in her life, she gets careless and lets her guard down. Big mistake.
As an Aura, Llona can manipulate light and harness its energy. But if she wants to survive, Llona will have to defy the Auran Council and learn to use her power as a weapon against the Vyken whose sole desire is to take her light. Now she’s caught in something even bigger than she can understand, with a power she can’t wield, and no one she can trust, except, just maybe, a mysterious stranger.
Amazon – Barnes & Noble

About Fractured Soul (Book #2)
Llona will do whatever it takes to protect her new found friends and home, but the dark plot threatening Lucent Academy, a school that’s supposed to be a safe place for Auras, may be too powerful for even Llona to defeat.
This fast-paced tale of love, loyalty, and overcoming the darkness will keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page!
Amazon – Barnes & Noble









~ Giveaway ~

GRAND PRIZE: $25 Amazon Gift Card and a printed copy of Fractured Truth
Runner-up 1: Printed copy of Fractured Truth
Runner-up 2: Ebook copy of Fractured Truth





Author Bio:
Rachel McClellan
Rachel McClellan was born and raised in Idaho, a place secretly known for its supernatural creatures. When she’s not in her writing lair, she’s partying with her husband and four crazy, yet lovable, children. Rachel’s love for storytelling began as a child when the moon first possessed the night. For when the lights went out, her imagination painted a whole new world. And what a scary world it was…
Website – Blog --Twitter – Facebook – Goodreads


Love

Chanzie





8 comments:

  1. I just try to stay positive every day, because if I'm not happy then my confidence usually takes a lickin' too. It's easier said than done of course, but trying is key. Thanks for the chance to win! I've been following Fractured Truth blog tour, and have been enjoying the excerpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! It is easier said than done but it is always worth it in the end to stay positive :) Good luck with the competition!

      Delete
  2. oh gosh for me I feel like I am still trying to build it every day, but wow nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all do work on it every day :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a really fantastic series. It'll definitely be on the wishlist! Great post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jessica :) It is on my TBR list!

      Delete
  4. Becoming a parent has made me more confident... I thought I wasn't too bad before, but those little people make you stand taller!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh.. I'll hopefully know what that feeling one day!!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.