Wednesday, 28 May 2014

~ Topic of Light: Where is the rewind button? ~

Hello lovelies! 

I know, I know - it has been too long since I wrote a Topic of Light. Today is kind of a ramble post of things that have been floating around in my mind. I don't really have a specific topic in my mind but will see where the points end up leading too.

So lately I been going through some life changing phases and even though I'm not old I got a fright when I realised I was 28! *holy moly* where did my life go just the other day I was 18 and now I am almost 30 and soon I'll have wrinkles!!!  

It is actually wrinkles that got me thinking about this post. Wrinkles are beautiful. I think smiling wrinkles are one of the most beautiful features a person could have as they grow older. I hope I have them one day. You want to know why? Because I love to laugh. Smiling wrinkles are proof of a happy, well lived life! They show that you had your fair share of stressful moments but also that you had way more joyful moments. They don't scare me so much anymore. Its inevitable. We all going to grow old. As much as we want to stay young, growing old has its good points. 

Here is one of my favourite sayings: 



It is a wonderful blessing to have friends that have known you through a few phases of life and know exactly who you are and who you are not. Those friends that love you at your best and love you at your worst. As much as I wish I could rewind my life and re-do a few things, I wouldn't want to give up on some of the best moment of my life and some of the great friends I have made along the way - whether they are still a part of my life or not, because the truth is, friends come and go. Not all friendships are meant to last a lifetime and some friends have passed away. The antidote to 100 enemies is 1 friend. 



Embrace it, live it, learn it, love it. 

I used to keep a Jeff Dunham clip of Achmed on my phone and every time I felt my mood drop, I used to go and watch it and have a good laugh!! Check it out... *jingle bombs*





May today be filled with at least one laugh and one smile - then it will all be worth it. The best cure to any situation is laughter. 








15 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved "The antidote to 100 enemies is 1 friend" part. You are so right Chanzie, we must cherish every moment of our lives and try to live a happy one. Every step or bump on the road has defined us and makes us who we are, it's just a matter of accepting it. Everything. I'll also jump and shout and dance happily once I get my laugh lines, may it happen in 10, 20 or any other number of years. Because like you say, then I'll truly know I've had enough (possibly more) happiness in my life. Definitely a cause of celebration.
    P.s. I <3 Achmed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! i am so glad you enjoyed my ramblings Melissa <3 I think we would have a lot fun hanging out if we lived on the same continent!!! #GoAchmed #happiness #laughs #goodtimes

      Delete
  2. Great post Chanzie! Friends do come and go... Sometimes I wish I could keep them all!! But, life takes us in different directions constantly!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, but alas everything happens for a reason :)

      Delete
  3. YAY! Finally a new Topic of Light is up! I was missing those post of yours, Chanzie! x
    I agree with you, but you shouldn't have posted a Jeff Dunham clip of Achmed... You see, Franny already got me addicted to it and you're making the addiction just worse! LOL Seriously, you couldn't have given me a better laugh, thanks! :) *Fab way to start the morning*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Thank you Silvia, I know it has been a while but at least it is worth it and not just putting junk out there right... Sorry I needed to include Achmed.. We all need a good laugh sometimes. I think I own all the Jeff Dunham Dvd's #Shhhh

      Delete
    2. The wait was totally worth it! And no need to apologize, Achmed is very welcome anytime :D

      Delete
  4. LOL, I am also 28 and it depresses me. I feel so old. And I don't care how you pretty up wrinkles, I don't want them. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha.. well each to their own ;)

      Delete
  5. You and your 28 year old commenters will get no sympathy from me! I agree with you about the smile wrinkles, it's some of the other ones that I am worried about. LOL I love your topic of light posts; they are so uplifting! It can be a struggle to stay positive in a negative world, and every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I wasn't asking for any *tee hee* I know what you mean about the other wrinkles, I'll cross that bridge when I get there ;) Thank you for the visit and I am so happy you enjoyed the post!!

      Delete
  6. I think 28 is a difficult age. You see yourself careering towards 30, and I suppose it much worse for women (who want children) than those who do not, or men who simply accept they will be 30 and that's it. As you say Chene, we have to embrace change. Those who don't simply get left behind, which is a hard fact of life. As for friends, I grieve terribly if I lose a friend. I like to think I'm someone people can rely on and that they can tell me pretty much anything. Anyway, I suppose the point of my rambling is....not look for a rewind button so much a slow-mo one...because when you are having a great time, you want time to slow down or stop altogether!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you have such interesting insights John! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the post. I do have a tough time letting friends go but we just need to remember, everything happens for a reason!

      Delete
  7. I think I'm the oldest one commenting, since I'm 34, and I have no shame in admitting that. I am not married and don't have any children, and even though sometimes the thought of having children pops into my mind, I am not sad, nor depressed.

    I totally agree with you! I, too, sometimes think "what would it be like if I did this differently?" or that I would change things from my past, but if you changed your past your future would be different. And, even though I wish I did (or didn't do) certain things, I would not change absolutely anything because otherwise I wouldn't be where I am today, and I wouldn't give up my life of today for anything.

    And to lighten the quite delicate mood, you found my soft spot! I cracked so much watching that clip of Achmed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol You are only as young as you feel :) I agree with you, as much as I get nostalgic and have moments where I think what if, I wouldn't give up the good times I have had for that! I don't have children yet and marriage has its challenges but hey.. that's part of life.

      Yay!! I am so happy I managed to lighten up your day and give you a good laugh :) I love Achmed too!!!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.