Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Topic of Light book Review: Angel Detox by Doreen Virtue & Robert Reeves

Angel Detox: Taking Your Life to a Higher Level Through Releasing Emotional, Physical, and Energetic Toxins
Publisher: Hay House Publishing
Publication Date: 06 January 2014
Genre: Spirituality, Motivational
Source: NetGalley / Publisher (In exchange for an honest Review)
Audio or Book: ebook
Length: 254 Pages



Overview:
Work with the Angels to Detox Your Body and Energy Detoxing with the help of your angels is a gentle way to release impurities from your body, fatigue, and addictions. Doreen Virtue and naturopath Robert Reeves teach you simple steps to increase your energy and mental focus, banish bloating, feel and look more youthful, and regain your sense of personal power. Rid your life of physical toxins, as well as negative emotions and energies. Angel Detox guides you step-by-step on how to detox your diet, lifestyle, and relationships. You’ll learn how to reduce or eliminate cravings for unhealthful food and substances, feel motivated, and enjoy wellness in all areas of your life. This book also includes 7-Day Detox Plans for those wanting to quit smoking or drinking, or to flush out environmental pollution.



If you know me, anything to do with Angels will most likely grab my attention! When I saw this book available on NetGalley, I just had to request it. It did take me a while to read through the book, as I would pick it up every few days, read a chapter or 2 and then soak in what I read. 

I really enjoyed this book. It has so much information and there is a little bit for everyone. Angel Detox has so much advice that covers a broad range of topics. It has 7 day plans as well as some recipes! I tried out the green smoothie idea and actually enjoyed it. The biggest thing I learnt through this book was that we also need to detox from stress. Everyone always associates detox with the food diet. I did not even think that it can apply to emotions, people and stress. I took a bit of leave and did a stress detox - it was wonderful and rejuvenating. This book was also a gentle reminder that we can pray for help with anything - no matter how small and insignificant we think it is. 


I will admit I prefer these types of books as paperbacks. It is much easier for ease of reference when going back to try out a recipe or look up an affirmation. 

Final Thoughts: this book is definitely worth a read if these types of books interest you.

My Rating:


Love

Chanzie


12 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this one Chene. The cover is beautiful and I'm curious about the green smoothie recipe. I do a juice drink each morning and I can tell I huge difference in how I feel when I skip it. It's been several years since I made time to read books like this but I think they are great and help to keep us focused on the positive things in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my pleasure Ginny :) These books are great, whether its new info or gentle reminders! Its tough to stay focused and positive but we have to just keep trying.

      Delete
  2. Wow... this sounds interesting Chanzie. It is great to pick up a book and be able to absorb it over a few days. Great review!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi :) Yeah i read a chapter.. thought about it.. read a chapter.. thought about it... it was great!

      Delete
  3. It's been a while since I read a book about angels but I think I'm more and more difficult about them. I didn't see this one on NG but it sounds good, I'm glad you had a good time with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I trust certain authors on the topic (Like Doreen Virtue) than others. This was a great book and it was more about detoxing areas of our lives than about angels as such. We just need to remember they are always here to help, even with the smallest things :)

      Delete
  4. Interesting, I don't know why I've never thought about how we need a stress detox from time to time. Must do that soon foe my own good. I agree with you on owning these kind of books in print, so much easier to look up for a recipe and other stuff. Great review, Chanzie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must do it for your own goo... detox from stress is completely a necessity to stay sane and a good excuse for a holiday :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds interesting! I usually don't read these kind of books but I might be checking them out in the future :D

    I'd just like to thank you Chene for all those lovely comments on my blog!

    Olivia @ Fictionally Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe its my pleasure Olivia! Your blog is totally awesome and I love the personality you bring to your posts!!

      Delete
  6. I seriously need to detox, so maybe I'll check-out Virtue & Reeves' 7-day plan. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all do!! her plan is more like guidelines and that works for me because the minute it is a must do thing I totally don't commit! weird I know...

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.