Monday, 19 May 2014

Mini Book Review: Charmed - The Power of Three by Eliza Willard & Constance M Burge

Series: Charmed #1
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: 01 November 1999
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy
Source: Library
Audio or Book: Book
Length: 181 pages


Goodreads Synopsis:

In this night and at this hour,

I call upon the Ancient Power.
Bring yourpowers to we sisters three.
We want the power. Give us the power!

Prue, Piper, and Phoebe Halliwell didn't think reading a magical incantation would really work. But it did. Now Prue can move things with her mind, Piper can freeze time, and Phoebe can see the future. They are the Charmed Ones—the most powerful of witches.

But being enchanted has a price. There's a warlock who wants to steal their powers. And he'll do it any way he can—even if it means killing them!





I was so excited when I saw this book at the library. I absolutely loved the Charmed series when it was on TV, and couldn't wait to squeeze this pocket read in somewhere. Reading this was like visiting an old friend - I wanted to run and put on my dvd's and watch my box set all over again.

Was it the best written book? No. But I still loved it and read it in 2 sittings (it could easily have been one if we didn't get visitors). I adore Prue, Phoebe and Piper. These characters are memorable and strong in this quick read. I'm not sure if the plot is predictable or if I just remember what happened in the TV show but I still enjoyed it.



Final Thoughts:  I loved this quick read and will be reading the rest of this series!

My Rating:







16 comments:

  1. I used to have this book! I was totally addicted to Charmed and owned a few of these books years ago. They're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so much fun! Pitty I cannot find most of them to read the entire series. The library only has the first 4 or so and then random others further in the series.

      Delete
  2. Awesome review! I loved the TV series too, but I never managed to read the books. Glad you enjoyed it!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know there were books until I stumbled upon them one day at the library :) I loved the series!!!

      Delete
  3. wow it's been a while. I think I read some when I was younger as weel as some for other TV shows in fact but I don't really remember them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are exactly like the series :) I am really enjoying them!!

      Delete
  4. I loved the show too, but I never read a Charmed book. now I am interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are short and sweet like a light snack!!

      Delete
  5. I've never read the books, but I surely loved the TV series! I even met Shannen Doherty and Brian Krause for real, and you can imagine the happiness the day I hugged them!! :)
    Happy you enjoyed the read, Chanzie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you lucky girl!! I would love to meet them *sigh* Especially Phoebe & Piper :) They are my favs!!

      Delete
  6. Lovely review, Chanzie! I can testify Silvia's comment, as I was there with her. It was really intense, especially because for me, Shannen Doherty will always be first and foremost 90210's Brenda Walsh! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Franny.. I believe you!! lucky lucky ladies.. I never really watched 90210 but saw an episode here and there :)

      Delete
  7. Probably the best tv show ever, which is why I can't read this book...it would be all over if I did. I so miss Charmed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha John you are too funny! They are such enjoyable reminders.. it makes me want to go and rewatch the entire series <3

      Delete
  8. I used to be SO addicted to this TV show back-in-the-day! But, past experience has shown me that I need to read the books BEFORE I watch the episodes/movies, otherwise I lose all ambition. Yeah, I'm kinda lazy that way. LOL Glad to hear that this was a worthwhile read though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol These books are so short.. it would be impossible to not finish it! Literally they are pocket books :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.