Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #1 ~ Scala & Avoiding Alpha


Waiting on 
Wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where I have the chance to spotlight an upcoming release that I’m eagerly anticipating

Scala
by Christina Bauer

Author: Christina Bauer
Series: Angelbound #2
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Expected Publication: 13th May 2014

Goodreads Synopsis
Nineteen-year-old Myla Lewis has transformed into the Great Scala, the only being with the power to move human souls to Heaven or Hell. Although she no longer fights demons in the Arena, Myla still has tons of ass-kicking to do as she redefines the afterlife and rebuilds Purgatory's government. Unfortunately, her world falls apart faster than she can put it together. An enemy out of Myla's past is sapping her powers, making her weaker by the day. Even worse, her angel bound-love Lincoln has mysteriously disappeared. As her true enemy becomes clear, Myla discovers that all the after-realms are at risk. After losing so much power, does she still have the strength to save her world?




Avoiding Alpha
by Aileen Erin

Author: Aileen Erin
Series: Alpha Girl #2
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Expected Publication: 13th May 2014

Goodreads Synopsis
Seventeen-year-old Tessa McCaide has come a long way since her abrupt entrance into the world of werewolves, but she still has a way to go before she’s comfortable with going full-wolf. So, she’s avoiding thinking about it any way she can. Thankfully her hot mate, Dastien Larent, is proving to be quite the distraction.

But when she finds her suitemate getting sick in their bathroom, she knows something’s majorly wrong. The curse on Meredith that suppresses her wolf is slowly killing her, and Tessa can’t sit idly by while her best friend wastes away. Going against her pack Alpha, Mr. Dawson, by playing with magic she doesn’t fully understand might not be her smartest move, but Tessa has never been one to follow the rules. She’ll break every one if it’ll give her a chance at saving Meredith. But can she save her friend without losing more of herself?



What are you waiting for? 
Please leave a comment below with your WoW link so I can check out yours too!!

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my post!
~ Have a great Wednesday ~





28 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of these series before but they looked interesting. The covers looked like they came from the same designer. Hope you enjoy these!

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They possibly could be, the books are from the same publisher. They are both awesome covers either way :) I am sure I will enjoy these - both authors write brilliantly!

      Delete
  2. I love this WoW !!! Awesome idea Chene! i hope you enjoy these books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John :) I am really excited about both of these sequels!

      Delete
  3. I've not heard of these two. Beautiful covers.

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - both covers are beautiful :) Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  4. I have issues with angels in them and books with werewolves in them. I just gotta find the right one that's gotta be really good and usually I'm not impressed at all. It's a curse, really... but since you featured them, I'm going to check out the first books in these series! :D

    my WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, sorry to hear that about Angels and werewolves. Normally those and the words witch sell me very quickly to try a book :) I really hope you give one of these a try, Becoming Alpha was a 5 star read for me! Thanks for the visit Stephanie :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of either of these authors before but I like the sound of Scala, will add the first book to my wishlist! Hope you enjoy them both :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you enjoy Angelbound - if you give it a shot :)

      Delete
  6. Interesting picks. I see you really liked the first instalments in both series and I remember your review for Becoming Alpha so, I hope you'll have a great time with these when you get the chance to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia! Yep I loved both of the first books in the series. I am quite excited for both the sequels :) *paranormal junkie here* I am hoping to be approved for the ARC's.

      Delete
  7. Oh, oh! I just got Angelbound yesterday b/c it's on sale for like a dollar! AND I got the first Alpha Girl book recently too. Both look fantastic, so I'm going to try really hard to work them in soon ;)

    Jessica @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I really hope you enjoy these books and can squeeze them in soon. Inky monster is one of my favourite publishers and I have loved all their releases so far :) Bring on release day *excited*

      Delete
  8. I thought the Scala cover looked familiar, haha. Haven't actually started either series, but hope you enjoy them! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty! I hope you get to this series sometime :)

      Delete
  9. How is it I've never heard of these awesome looking books? Seriously I must be living under a rock or something. I'm so adding them to my tbr! They look totally awesome. Great picks!

    My Waiting on Wednesday
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Mission accomplished :) They really are totally awesome books!!

      Delete
  10. i've never heard of this series but the covers are gorgeous! i'm going to look into them some more. thanks for featuring it :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover are so gorgeous :) Hope you get to try one of them sometime! Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  11. These both sound good! I hope you get to read them both soon.

    Great picks.
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. These both look fascinating Chene particularly book one. Thanks so much for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimba! I really enjoyed both of these books and am so excited for their sequels <3

      Delete
  13. awesome picks, and wonderful covers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow... these books have pretty covers! I haven't seen them before. Hope you enjoy them!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi :) I am quite excited for these sequels!!!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.