Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Topic of Light ~ Dream Big

Hello Lovelies

Welcome back to another Topic of Light. I think this new method is good for me as I hope it is good for your too. I have been a bit demotivated lately when it comes to my goals. Between last week's message and this week's topic - I can feel the inspiration and motivation slowly creeping back in. I have had to revert back to basics and you know what... that is OK too! I never gave up, I realised I just needed to slow down and have a breather - like a recharge. 

This week I decided to go with the same Positivity cards and was so amazed when I drew the card "Dream Big". I think this ties in wonderfully with last week's Stay Optimistic topic

Often people are a bit scared to dream really big. (Myself included). I think smaller goals feel more attainable and if we never reach the big ones - well at least we achieved something small right? WRONG. Small goals are important - but it is a security/inferiority issue here. We fear failing when it comes to the big stuff. Can you imagine how wonderful it would feel to completely achieve and excel at something huge - something you never thought you would achieve... Well that is where you need to set you sights. 

In someways we fear our own potential. We want to shine and stand out, but we want to fit in and move along at the same time. 

Write down a list of your fears - once you have down that, burn the paper or drown it in a bucket of water. Release them. Now go and write down your dreams. Place that list someone where that you can read it every day. Inside your cupboard, next to your mirror - where ever will work for you. 

One of my own dreams is have my book published, one of my biggest dreams is that that book becomes a best seller and a movie! Those who know me, know one of the authors that truly inspires me is Cassandra Clare. She also started out with a dream and hope. 



'Truly believe that you are utterly qualified for any endeavor you can dream about' ~ Doreen Virtue
"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." 
~ Michelangelo Buonarroti
Be great. Be wonderful. Be successful. Be amazing and start right now. Wake up and go make your dreams a reality. 

Who wants to be normal - go out there and be awesome! 






17 comments:

  1. I cheer you on in your dreaming big! I too wish my books hit the bestseller list! I remember not too long ago I was really down, at least my faith in myself was low. Since I'm such a search engine girl I decided to type in dreams, inspiration, losing faith. It was sort of like your cards.Thanks for the quotes! They hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robyn! I wish you all the best with your books and I'll try make a plan to read it soon ;) I have that low faith phase from time to time, like who would want to read my book when there are sooooo many books out there, but like I read somewhere, there is a market for all types of books and there is a market for your book! Thank you for the visit :)

      Delete
  2. I love this idea of burning your fears and then writing down your dreams. I will have to give this a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Sometime just a little physical activity like that can help us release a whole lot of mental fears :) I do this all the time, I take whatever is bothering me, I place it in a bubble and blow it away. It really does help <3

      Delete
  3. Haha!! Great dream Chanzie!! I am cheering for you!! I'll even edit the book for you when I finish my course... so take your time!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi!! It means a lot and you bet I'll be giving you call when the time is right :) I have the plot mapped out, some of the characters and some of the quirks, now I need to 'fill' the story *giggles with nerves*

      Delete
  4. Funny enough, I always dreamed big but not always succeeded. But that never stopped me. I always reach for the stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is always the best thing to do, never stop reaching for the stars and never stop dreaming :)

      Delete
  5. I think at this point you have no doubts about the fact that I support your dream/s 100%, right? Especially when you're trying to accomplish something so big and beautiful <3
    Go girl, I'm cheering for you all the way! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do <3 Thank you so much Silvia! I'll meet you at the premier & we can celebrate in style *tee hee*

      Delete
    2. Hey, you never know, I could be the one organizing the event ;)

      Delete
  6. I agree while small 1-2 year goals help keep us focused we need those 5-10-15 year goals as well. Dream Larger or Go Home..LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! Go big or Go home :) *tee hee*

      Delete
  7. I think you can place me at the head of your cheerleading team Chanzie :) Dreaming big is sooo important, because teh small dreams realised...although good and a positive thing, can make you think 'yeah but I knew I could do that if I tried a bit harder'...the really big dreams are hard to attain. I know your story is on your mind, and take it from me....there is nothing scarier than putting yourself out there, hoping people will still like you / your book et cetera, and not really knowing for sure how it is going to be! But we should dream big, aim high as your blog so often reminds us. Honestly...I'm content when it comes to the writing...I've decided that if I am happy with what I've done, then that's okay....and if someone reads the book, enjoys it, gets something from it, then I will be delighted. Let's be content to find the happiness within ourselves, and really attack the big goals. Man....the reward is so great when you get there, and you will Chanzie....now give me a C..eee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I love your enthusiasm John!! I totally agree with you. I will be happy if 5 people enjoy my book and more than that will be amazing :) I cannot wait to read Stormling *Go John* !!!

      Delete
  8. I LOVE THIS!!! I'm setting my goals right now and writing down my fears as we speak.I want to burn them and flush the ashes down the toilet because, like you said, they are the ones slowing and keeping me down. Not anymore. Never again.
    I'll dream big and reach high, and I'll also aim for any size of goals, but I'll reach them soon ;). As for your big dream, I know, WE know, that you are going to make it come true one day and we'll be cheering you all the way. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the post :) Thank you for your kind words! Good luck with your goals and keep us posted *cheers* :D

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.