Thursday, 20 March 2014

Throwback Thursday #1 Fallen by Lauren Kate



Throwback Thursday is a bookish meme hosted every two weeks by Stephenie @ Bookfever and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.





There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce – he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret...even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, FALLEN is a page-turning thriller and the ultimate love story.


Why I love this book:

There are so many reasons I love this book. This was a complete cover junkie buy for me. I was looking for something to read while browsing the book isle in CNA and just grabbed it. I had no idea I would love this book so much when I first read it in 2010. I have re-read this book more times than I can remember. 

Quotes:
There are just so many beautiful moments in this book!
“The only way to survive eternity is to be able to appreciate each moment.” 
~
“I've already had to wait so long."
"How long?" Luce asked.
"Not so long that I've forgotten that you're worth everything. Every sacrifice. Every pain.”
~
“Please don't worry. I will always come for you. I won't let you go until you understand that."
"Then I refuse to understand," she said.”


Question/Activity of this week:

Activity! Go to your bookshelf, pick the 4th book from right, go to page 146, line 5 and write down the line.

Bespelling Jane Austen 
by Mary Balough, Colleen Gleason, Susan Krinard, Janet Mullany

"She felt her palms dampen beneath her gloves.Very attractive and very dangerous."
Northanger Castle by Colleen Gleason


Hope you enjoyed this meme this week!! What is one of your most memorable books?









18 comments:

  1. I would have bought that book just for the cover alone too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Another cover junkie on my team :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series yet.... But I love the quotes enough to sway me to get them! Great post Chanzie!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Hope you get to check it out sometime :) I love Cam and Daniel but I think I am team Daniel all the way <3 This is one of those books where you either love it or hate it... Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I have to admit, I've read Fallen a few times too.
    Thanks for sharing those quotes.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Another Fallen fan :) Thank you for the visit Marilyn!

      Delete
  4. While I do not love Fallen as a series, I fully recognize that had I read the last book, it might have changed things for me. I did like Fallen the book, and you are right, it is a beautimous cover ;) And my quote is unfortunately vague:

    "It doesn't matter why. It's home for now." Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win some you lose some :) this is one of those books where you are absorbed or you can pass on the rest of the series. The last book really was the best and brought everything together in a huge twist!

      Loved the quote! Thank you for sharing :)

      Delete
  5. Aw, Fallen! I love that book. And Lauren! She's so nice! I still remember exactly when and where I read Fallen and I was so obsessed with it. Mostly with Cam. But I never did finish that series. Someday maybe.

    We're so glad that you participated! =D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I wish I could meet her!! Gosh I hope you do get to finish this series sometime. The last book really is the best! Thanks for hosting such an awesome meme :)

      Delete
  6. Bespelling Jane Austen---how did I miss that book. I am going to have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am yet to read that book. It has been on my bookshelf for about a year! I love Colleen Gleason though :)

      Delete
  7. What a great idea for a meme! Older titles deserve some love too. I haven't read either of these books, but have been strongly tempted by the pretty covers of the FALLEN series.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, our old friends need to be dusted off and re-appreciated :) Fallen has beautiful covers, I think Rapture is possibly my favourite one!!

      Delete
  8. I've been dying to read this book for a long time, and now I'm even more ready to read it! It sounds like a great book since you've read it more than once. That's awesome!! Thanks for sharing, Chene! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I hope you do get to read it. You are lucky they are all released.. I had to wait for each release.. I prefer to discover a series when they are all almost published!

      Delete
  9. I really need to continue this series. All I've read so far is Fallen and it's been so long. I do remember clearly though that I love Cam- Team Cam, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do Christina! I love Cam to pieces as well, but ultimately I rooted for Daniel. I would definitely have loved to read more about Cam's story :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.