Wednesday, 5 March 2014

March MWYA Monthly Buzz

Hello all you fabulously awesome people!! 

This month has been so exciting, I have been following Stephenie @ bookfever & Christina @ Booksane for a re-readathon of Vampire Academy and it was so much fun. i cannot wait to continue with this series again! 

I was quite upset, the Cinema that was showing Vampire Academy took it off the circuit before I could even go and watch it! It was barely showing for 2 weeks and they didn't even have convenient showing times. Now I have to wait for it to come out on DVD or on DSTV. *sigh*  

Naomi @ Nomi's Paranormal Palace have started a little 5 Star recommended read for the month. Where we each recommend 2 books we absolutely loved. I thought of this as there are always so many books I promise to read and hardly get around to because of my overwhelming TBR & review pile. This way I have to read it! 

This month's picks for me from Naomi were: 
Bound by Lies by Hannah Peach & Chasing the Star Garden by Melanie Karsak

I recommended: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare & Ill wind by Rachel Caine

My Book of the Month Read is: Gameboard of Gods by Richelle Mead - Yes I am super excited to try this one out. It has been on my TBR list since it was released in June 2013!!

And lastly I started the 100 Happy days Challenge! This is a lot of fun, every day I have to post a picture of something that makes me happy. You can follow me on Twitter / Facebook / instagram. (Links are in the sidebar)

Last month

Topics of light
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
The Five Levels of Attachment: Chapter 2
Angel Whispers: Mental Strength by Russell Forsyth
The Five Levels of Attachment: Chapter 3 ~ Part 1

Guest Posts:

Terra Harmony: Top 5 Writing tips
Ally Shields: Top 5 PNR Covers
Ally Shields: Pros & Cons of using a Pen Name

New on my bookshelf
Bought:
Clockwork Angel & Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Competitions wins:
Circle of Time by Recy Dunn from Goodreads

I  originally won Jennifer Estep's latest book in the Mythos Academy but could not claim it as I did not realise it was a US only competition :( 

Blog comp winners: Dark Winter - Pamela D @ Reading is fun again


~ Annual Challenges update ~

Review Pile Challenge : 9 / 19
hosted by Rachel @ Fiktshun and Reanna @ Phantasmic Reads. 

TBR Pile reading Challenge : 6 / 25
Hosted by Bookish 

2014 Series Challenge: 0 / 5
I have started:
The Guardian Witch series (2 / 6) 
The Akasha Saga (1.5 / 4)
Covenant (2 / 7)
Conduit (1 / 4)
Circle of Fire (1 / 3)
Hosted by  Read.Sleep.Repeat 

2014 Goodreads Reading Challenge: 17 / 80

Alphabet Challenge: 10 / 26

Double Trouble - Twin Reading Challenge: 3 Reviews vs 3 TBR pile
Hosted by Mean Who You Are; Reading is Fun Again & Book Worm Soul 


This month
upcoming reviews 


Challenges / read-a-thons






~ Blogoverse: Blog of the Month ~


The Blogoverse Buzz will have a quick feature of a blog that stood out to me and made a difference in my blogoverse.. in other words they have a really amazing blog!

Please welcome the Awesome Paranormal Palace Princess: Naomi!!
She is just awesome. Naomi is fun to chat to and reads some awesome books!! If you have checked out her blog yet.. head over and check it out! 
(It is thanks to the Naomi and her awesomely talented sister that I have these pretty sparklies on my blog) 


Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself:
Hi *waves* I’m Naomi and I am a wife and mother of 3 from Victoria, Australia!!

When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in August 2012. I was following some other book blogs and thought – “Huh, that looks like fun! I can ramble about books online!!” So next thing I know, my sister helps me set out my blog and I started posting reviews! Not that I thought anyone but my family would even look at my blog!!

Best thing for you about blogging and the not so great thing?
Best thing… meeting new people all over the world that share the same passion as me. Most often we enjoy the same books too!!

Not so great…. I can’t read fast enough, because I have to take time to write a review that makes sense!!

What are your top 3 books / series?
Oooh…. Tough one!! I love lots of books and I am always switching it up. Hmmm… I’ll pick from different genres, so RIGHT NOW my favourite series are:
The Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill (Supernatural)
The Airship Racing Chronicles by Melanie Karsak (Stempunk)
Rook and Ronin series by J.A. Huss

Favorite TV Series or Movie that was based on a book?
TV Series… True Blood!! Charlaine introduced me to the saucy world of vamps!!
Movie …. I was a sucker for Twilight!!

3 fun facts about you?
Hmmm… fun facts… I like to play Netball and my kids like to watch us play sports
I married my high school boyfriend… sigh… And have managed to stay married!!
I think I would like to pursue a career in the editing industry!!

What's your guilty pleasure?
Definitely drinking wine!! Pink moscato is the flavour of the month!!

What is the best thing that has happened to you since you started blogging:
Getting in touch with Authors and Publishing companies, especially world famous ones!!

Best piece of advice you received about blogging?
Keep a calender of events!! Put in everything from blog tours, reviewing a book or just reading a book for pleasure. That way you can keep track of your blogging. And ALWAYS schedule ahead where possible!!

Nomi's Paranormal PalaceIf you could have lunch 3 Characters, who would they be?
Well, I’m selfish and would want a bit of a harem!! So I would pick:
Curran from Ilona Andrews Kate Daniels series
Travis Maddox from Jamie McGuires Beautiful series
Ethan Sullivan from Chloe Neill’s Chicagoland Vampires series

Quick quiz round:
Fav tv show: ARROW
Fav movie: 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU (sigh… Heath Ledger!!)
Coffee or tea or Hot Chocolate: HOT CHOCOLATE
Dream Vacation place: FIJI, JUST FOR THE BEACHES
Vanilla or chocolate: CHOCOLATE!!

Thanks for having me Chanzie!! It’s been a blast!!
~~~


Well thats a wrap for this month. If you haven't entered my audio book giveaway... well what are you waiting for... Click here!!


Love

Chanzie




14 comments:

  1. Oh look!!! There's me!! Thanks for having me in your March Monthly Blitz Chanzie! It was fun!

    I can't believe Vampire Academy has left you cinema already!! It hasn't hit the screens here yet... I think Tomorrow!! Looking forward to our little challenge!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's you!! Thank you for being so awesome that I needed to share it with the people who do visit my blog :)
      Yes, I am so sad I didn't get to watch VA. Everything is better on the bog screen ;) I am sooo excited to read Chasing the Star Garden next week!!!

      Delete
  2. I have the complete Vampire Academy series but still haven't read it. So sad. I just never got to them but I need to. Especially before I see the movie. Have only heard great things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! I have a few series like that on my shelves. Personally for me it only really clicked and became awesome in book 3. Hope you do get to it sometime or another :)

      Delete
  3. First thing first, oh, one of my long-time blogger friends has been interviewed! *waves to Naomi* Great interview, I had so much fun reading it :) And yes, Naomi, I have to read Chloe Neill, I hear you loud and clear, girl! ;)

    Now, I haven't read Vampire Academy yet, but I watched the movie trailer a few days ago out of curiosity and, I'm afraid, it didn't appeal to me at all... Anyway, I'm sad for you because I know well how upsetting it is to wait so long for a movie on the big screen only to have it removed without warning. *Sigh* Hope you'll enjoy it when you get the chance to watch it on DVD!

    Also, I loved Clockwork Angel and I hope it will be great for you, too, Chanzie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee! Naomi is awesome :) I also need to read Chloe Neill sometime!!!

      I think the movie trailer for VA made it seem a bit more cheesy than it actually is. Maybe Check out my review (Which I still need to write....) of VA #1 and take a sneak peek at the book itself before you write it off! I do think you like a bit more of a deeper story line but it is still a fun read :) I hope I get to watch the movie soon though.

      I loved Clockwork Angel. I read it as an Ebook and loved it so much that I wanted it for my bookshelf! I am only allowed to add 5 star books if I buy any paperbacks now :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, I didn't mean I cut it off my list, it's still one of those series I'd like to give a go, promise! I was just referring to the movie which, from my pov, it feels like a B Movie... That is what turned me down, but just for me to go to the cinema, not to read it ;)
      I'll wait for your review for sure, whenever it's ready :)

      Delete
    3. Awesome! I'll let you know if the movie is worth it and I hope you give the books a go sometime soon :) I start the re-readathon of book 2 on monday *happiness*

      Delete
  4. VA was out of theaters so quick. I am hoping it is out to rent soon. I wanted to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You missed it too? That really sucks. The marketing people really need to take a look at their marketing and viewing strategies!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for joining our re-readathon! :D
    You're not alone in waiting for the Vampire academy to come out on dvd. Here it won't even be in the cinema until april I think it was..
    Oh you got Clockwork angel and Clockwork prince! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! I am so glad I found it so that I could join in :)
      Wow really? That is a huge release delay... Hope you catch it before they take it off the big screen! Yes I love the Infernal devices too <3

      Delete
  6. That is so sad that the movie wasn't in the theater for more than 2 weeks! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( I hope it comes out on box office or dvd soon!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.