Friday, 14 March 2014

Guest Book Review: St Charles at Dusk by Sarah M Cradit


Hello everyone! Please give a warm welcome to my friend and guest reviewer for today, Kendall
I have known Kendall for about 9 years. We met at varsity when we started similar degrees. She is wonderful person and a valued friend in life! Since we share the love of books and reading... that just makes her that much more awesome!
~~~

Series: The House of Crimson & Clover Prequel
Genre: Paranormal, Fantasy
Source: Author (In exchange for an honest Review)
Audio or Book: eBook
Length: 474 pages

Goodreads Synopsis:
A father’s threats. A tragic accident. Unanswered questions. Oz Sullivan has finally moved past the tangled web surrounding his brief, but intense, relationship with the young, impetuous Adrienne Deschanel. Through his family, and successful career as an attorney, he has forged a tranquil predictability.

Then Adrienne unexpectedly emerges, with no memory of the life she once led. Her desperate attempt to flee the confusing and dark influences in the bayou instinctively propels her to the one face for which she has a name. Oz’s world is once again turned upside down, as he must decide how to help her without losing himself entirely.

Set amidst the lush and vibrant backdrop of New Orleans, St. Charles at Dusk tells the story of Oz and Adrienne; of forbidden love, and startling heartbreak




Kendall's Review:
I must say, after reading "St Charles at Dusk"  from cover to cover, I was left wanting more. I am glad this is not a stand alone.

Characters: 3/5

The characters are colourful, each in their own unique ways and each bringing dramatic twists to the unraveling romances, scandals and tragedies.

Janine: Sarah painted a dreary, wet and somber day, as to be expected on such a day of sorrow. I must admit I wanted to know more about Janine and her daughter Naomi.

Oz or Colin Sullivan: To me Oz seemed very conflicted from the word go. He was distraught over his loss, yet his love for another was over powering. ‎His character was strong and determined, yet sensible and disciplined.

Adrienne: Adrienne is a woman who stands firm for what she believes in, even if it means facing the consequences. She is portrayed as a free spirited and colourful.

Oz and Adrienne: As the plot unfolded and the tragic story of Oz and Adrienne's love came to light, I found myself hoping for a happy ending. It was good to read a true love story. A love that withstood lies tragedies, deceit and betrayal and despite the interfere was strong enough to walk hand in hand and so in love.

Plot, pace & writing style: 3/5 The plot (4) was good but the pace(2) was a little bit slow. The writing style was easy and enjoyable. 

The cover: The cover is dark and mysterious, yet does not reveal much about the journey that lies within. It does however paint a picture of the Deschanels family home ' OphĂȘlie'.

Final thoughts: 3/5 I loved how the story unfolded, leaving me wondering what was to happen next. I would like to find out more about the remaining members of the Deschanels family.
I look forward to 'the Storm and the Darkness'.‎


My Rating:




Books in the series:









Author Bio:
Sarah is the author of the Paranormal Southern Fiction series, The House of Crimson and Clover. The series was born of her combined loves of New Orleans, family dramas, and the mysterious nature of love and desire. Her books combine elements of paranormal, mystery, suspense, intrigue, and romance. She is always working on the next book in the series, and absolutely loves connecting with her fans.

Sarah lives in the Pacific Northwest, but has traveled the world from Asia to Europe to Africa. When she isn't working (either at her day career, or hard at work at writing), she is reading a book and discovering new authors. The great loves of her life (in order) are: her husband James, her writing, and traveling the world.


Author Links: Goodreads l Website l Twitter



Love

Kendall




10 comments:

  1. Hey Kendell... Nice review. This is new to me, but it looks like you enjoyed it! Great post!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little bit strange to post someone elses review on my blog but it worked out!! Not sure if this book is for me but she did a great job with the review :)

      Delete
  2. It is possibly a bit to much fantasy leaning for my taste but it does sound like it made a pretty good beginning to a series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! I need a little bit more magic in my books :)

      Delete
  3. Great review Kendall! I love the cover of this book, I've always been fond of the color purple and I like how it films over the entire background. St Charles at Dusk sounds interestig, though I'm not sure if I'm up for the pacing of the book. Right now, I'm looking for faster reads, but I'll keep this book in mind when I feel like slowing down again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple does give it a bit of an aged look :) I seem to be at the same place you are with regards to books and faster reads!

      Delete
  4. Nice review Kendall, I am curious about how the full length novel will be, I love the NO setting. The pacing makes me nervous..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting point about the setting! Pacing.. always debatable. Hope this series gets better as it progresses.

      Delete
  5. Not sure if this one is for me. I generally prefer my books to be faster paced. Thanks for the honest review, and happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Carmel! Happy friday to you too :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.