Thursday, 6 February 2014

(Topic of Light) Mini Book Review: You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay

Publisher: Hay House Inc
Publication Date: 01 September 1999
Genre: Philosophy, Spirituality
Source: Gift from a friend

Goodreads Synopsis:

Louise's key message in this powerful work is: "If we are willing to do the mental work, almost anything can be healed." Louise explains how limiting beliefs and ideas are often the cause of illness, and how you can change your thinking...and improve the quality of your life! Packed with powerful information and beautiful four-color illustrations-you'll love this gem of a book






My Review:


This is an amazing book. I read it for the first time in 2005 and it changed my life back then. I have now re-read this book and it has given me a fresh perspective on things in life once again. I will probably read this book again in a few years' time and it will no doubt have the same effect. 

I didn't read this book because I was broken in any way - I read it because I love reading inspirational stories - they help me grow and be a better person. The positivity in this book is motivational and inspirational. 

I have seen a few reviews for this book and it appears that either you get the message or you don't. You love it or you hate it. I do find some of the advice quite exceptional, but like with most books, I take from it what I need and leave the rest behind.  

If you are willing to do the mental work and make an effort to change your life, this is the perfect tool. 


My Rating:





Love

Chanzie

10 comments:

  1. Wow Chanzie! Sounds like a terrific read. I've never heard of it before, but it is fantastic that it helped you! Nice review!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi :) I enjoy reading books that make me think about life and help me improve it on many levels!

      Delete
  2. I am glad to hear that this book spoke to you. I completely agree that inspirational/motivational books either speak to people or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, not all books helps every person in the same way. Different books work for different people :)

      Delete
  3. It's been a while since I've read an inspirational book, but I get what you say about just having to get what you need and leave the rest behind. We lead different lives and so we need different things to be happy. It's good to read these type of books, they always seem to make you want to do better, yet the hard thing is to actually do it.

    P.S. I have a blog button thanks to you! <3 I can't believe it was that easy. I'm adding yours now to my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I meant and you hit the nail spot on! We all need to learn different things at different times in out lives, depending what we are going though :)

      Yay! Congrats on the Blog button :) I am so happy to have helped! It took me 2 - 3 months to find an easy method and the thought of making one completely overwhelmed me! It seemed so big and so difficult.
      <3 Thanks for the add Hun <3

      Delete
  4. This inspirational book sounds wonderful and I'm very happy to hear you found another one that worked with its advices! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia :) It was a wonderful book <3

      Delete
  5. I loved this book. I read it awhile ago and I love Hay House. They put out some really great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Another Hay House fan :) Glad to hear you you loved it too <3

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.