Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Topic of Light: The Five Levels of Attachment ~ Chapter 2: Understanding the Personal Dream and the Dream of the Planet

Hello lovelies

Welcome back to another topic of light. I am sorry for missing the last two posts. It was a bit of an emotional week and I did not think it was best to write the post at that time. I prefer to have my wits about me and be positive when putting my topics together. 

We all have our days when we are not 100% and that is OK! as long as we don't stay down there, we learn the lesson and get back up. Most times we are stronger than before. 

Please remember, this is only my personal interpretation. If you enjoy the parts I cover I do encourage you to purchase this book to get a more clear and thorough picture of the Toltec Teachings

This week's chapter is similar to a previous post I did when covering The Four Agreements - The Dream of the Planet. I think I was having some trouble trying to re-describe this concept all over again, as it is quite a big concept to grasp. When reading this chapter, it felt like I should quote the entire book as I was not sure how to relay the message any better than Mr Miguel Jnr does. 


"Our mind's main job is to dream - to perceive and project information onto a linear reality framed by matter when we are awake, and onto a nonlinear reality without a material frame when we are asleep or daydreaming."
~ The Five Levels of Attachment
There are two types of dreams within our reality: Our personal dream and the dream of the planet. 


The Personal Dream

The personal dream is our own personal reality about our life. The agreements we have made with ourselves and what we believe - whether is be positive / negative and true /untrue. If we believe it about ourselves, we have said yes to this agreement and have made it true. Our personal dream is the one thing that will always be ours and no one will ever understand what it is like to be you. I will never know what coffee tastes like to you or know what you feel when you see a beautiful picture that takes your breath away and visa versa. 
"No one else will ever know what it is like to live life through your point of view." 

~ The Five Levels of Attachment
Even if I know you for years and we are great friends - I will never truly know what it is like to be you and visa versa. 


"There is no one else living in this body, and there is no one else seeing life through my eyes. Your beliefs, and your beliefs alone, belong to you. You are the only one who is with you for your entire life." 

~ The Five Levels of Attachment
With this concept in mind, you create your own reality with your beliefs. You can have an amazing life or you can create a life of hell. It is all in your own perception of life. People will come ago and go through out your life. Some will stay for longer periods than others, and some will only be there for short stints and lessons. We all need to say goodbye at some stage or another before moving on. Your dream is your dream alone. 


"You perceive and project your life and your dream. This dream is constructed through your thoughts and your experiences of being alive. You experience your dream through the nervous system in your body, through your eyes and ears, through your emotions, through your love." 

"This is your Personal Dream. You can make it the most beautiful paradise or the most perfect nightmare; it is all based on what you believe in, what your think, what you know." 

~ The Five Levels of Attachment


The Dream of the Planet


"The Dream of the Planet is composed of our yeses and nos - also known as intention. For every yes, something is created. For every no, there is no creation."
~ The Five Levels of Attachment
In my understanding, The Dream of the Planet is the collective agreements we live by. In a way - what society wants from us. Who decided what society wanted anyway? It is when a few people came together and said 'yes' to this agreement and it became acceptable or even unacceptable or 'no' to another agreement. It's the 'rules' we grew up with. 

I often joke with a friend about being normal, We both laugh and say "Who defined normal anyway?"

The Dream of the Planet is a bunch of Personal Dreams / personal perceptions, that come together and formed a collective global dream. There are many dreams: the dream of us, the dream of family, the dream of South Africa and many many more. 

"...a dream shared amongst everyone in existence - and anywhere in between." 

"The Dream of the planet of the Planet is constructed by our collective choices; is the manifestation of our shared intention."

~ The Five Levels of Attachment
The Dream of the planet comes down to our need to share and engage with each other. we think we need rules, which we learn from our ancestors, which they learnt from their ancestors and so on. Society only teaches us what it knows and we take these dreams and make them our own - we make them true for ourselves. 

"The person I am right now is the accumulation of my yeses ad nos over the course of my life, and that is true for each and every one of us. Action is taken on a large scale when enough of us say yes." ~ The Five Levels of Attachment
Don goes on to describe this like a flock of birds flying in a direction. If one breaks off, a few will say yes and follow the new direction, and the others will say no and stick to their original leader. Who ever controls the yes in a relationship or Society, controls that dream. 


"Harmony exists when we engage one another with respect, honoring each other's yeses and nos as we construct the dream of us."
~ The Five levels of Attachment
~~~
All dreams are built on knowledge - this is how we survive and also how we change. This knowledge can also restrict us should we become attached to it.

"... as our attachment to knowledge increases it narrows our ability to perceive life as it truly is, thus narrowing our potential." 

~ The Five Levels of Attachment

~~~

Well my lovelies, I hope you have enjoyed this post! My wish for you this week is create your own personal heaven. Life is what we make it to be! 














8 comments:

  1. You most certainly know how to give us something to think about in depth, Chanzie.
    Love your post and I'd better go working on my personal heaven now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thank you Silvia :) We are all capable of living an amazing magical beautiful life - it's all about perception and gratitude! I work on it daily - some days are tougher than others, but it is always worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ai.. it annoys me when I reply in the wrong comment box ;) *tee hee*

      Delete
  3. I love reading your topic of light of posts. These are important topics to think about. :) I hope that you are having a better week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Thank you Pamela :) It always makes me happy when I know people enjoy these posts. Yes my week is much better than the last 2 <3

      Delete
  4. It goes to show what an amazing person you are, that even in a challenging week, you continue to motivate others. Creating a 'personal heaven' can sometimes be about setting standards about what is, and is not, acceptable in your life...especially with regards to others. My mum can even get upset by computerised or wrong phone calls, and wants to not answer the call by genuine people ("er....hi mum!! it's your son....no, I'm not trying to sell you anything....!"). I always say that 'you are in control.' Easy to say, not so easy to do. But if we are to reach that 'heaven' we have to get the basics down. Thanks for opening our eyes and minds once again Chene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John! Your feedback and kind words mean a lot. Love the story about your mum! Yes back to basics is a great way to look at it :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.