Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #12 ~ TT reasons I love being a blogger




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, where bloggers get together and list the top ten things related to that week's topic.

This week's theme is about why I love being a being a blogger. Blogging has been an awesome aspect of my life since I started in July 2013. It has been stressful at times but the great memories definitely out way the not-so-great times. 



1. I love it that I get to connect with other book lovers to talk about books! 
This may seem silly but I don't have many friends that share my love of reading. 

2. I love it that I get to connect with people who love books from all over the world! 
I have made friends in the USA, UK, Australia and even Indonesia. We all live on different continents yet they feel like they just live in the next town, one click away. 

3. I love it that I get to work with Authors and help them promote their books!
Before blogging it seemed surreal and that Authors were way above me. Working with them and getting to know them is awesome. They are awesome people and somehow you end up on their radar too!

4. I love it that someone somewhere in the world appreciates my words!
Whether I am helping someone discover an awesome new book, their next great read or inspiring them with my Topics of Light, it makes all the effort worth it.

5. I love being a part of a greater community!
No matter how small my blog is, other bloggers welcome you, help you and make you feel a part of the blogosphere. It's a great feeling. 

6. I love the free books!
In exchange for an honest review you get to read amazing books for free and via NetGalley & book tours, you get to discover so many amazing new Authors. 

7. I love meme's like this! 
You get to discover new blogs, new books & useful tips that you might not have found on your own. Although meme's can take some work, they are an awesome way to connect with other bloggers. 

8. I love comments and when authors visit my blog!
Comments definitely make blogging feel like a two way communication and so much more worth it. It takes time and effort to reply and visit back, but I always get excited when I receive comments that have some content and you can see they took the time to read your post and share some love about it. Another exciting thing for me is when I see the Author who's book I review visited my blog to read my review!!

9. I love that being a blogger helps me become a better writer
I read a book with a bit of a different perspective now, I see what I love about a story, what works, what doesn't. I read different writing styles and when I come across a really great book, it inspires me to be an even better writer with the hopes that my book will one day be a best seller too!

10. I love all the Blogger friends I have made over the past few months!
There are so many blogs to love out there. A few of these bloggers have become friends in my opinion. People I can really talk to and with connect with. If I am a millionaire one day, I'd love to meet them!

~~~

What are some of the reasons you love being a blogger??

Love

Chanzie


39 comments:

  1. Great post! I also talked about how cool it is to meet people from all over the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela :) It's amazing how blogging and the net brings us together to share our love of books <3

      Delete
  2. Great top 10!! I don't have many people to share my love of books with either.... that's why I have you!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I have 1 friend in my local friend circle that reads.. and then I have so many more across the world that I can share it with too, I love our bookish conversations - Thank you Naomi :)

      Delete
  3. Love this meme and love this week's theme. Your top ten list is perfect and very true. The book blogging community is amazing and everybody is so nice! It's incredible how we can gush about books with people from the other side of the world and make new friends, or to help out our favorite authors by promoting their works. All for the love of books & reading <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you Melissa :) You should try join in this meme if you get a chance. They have such fun themes! *cheers* for the love of books and reading <3

      Delete
  4. Great list Chanzie. I agree with all of your points. I think the book blogging community is absolutely lovely. I love connecting with like-minded people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissi! And with meme's like this we meet so many more people every week :)

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your Top 10, Chanzie! It's very accurate and so true, I totally agree with every point. Also, visiting your blog and talking to you is always a great pleasure <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia <3 I love chatting to you too! It's amazing how we get to know each other with our small daily chats and visits :) Your blog is so awesome.. gonna go check out your latest post now!

      Delete
  6. You have a great TTT list too! Don't you love how reading is so social? I think it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carola :) I especially love how social reading has become... People who think reading is boring or non-social... they are just not doing it right! *tee hee*

      Delete
  7. Yes yes yes! All excellent points. I'm enjoying this topic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha I felt like that reading your list too! I enjoyed this topic too.. all our love for reading and blogging is just breaking through and bringing everyone together <3

      Delete
  8. Awe and I love blogging for all of these reasons too. It is wonderful connecting with book lovers all over the world. I talk to some of the new friends I have made while blogging more than I do my own family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Receiving an email from my new bookish friends totally makes my day <3 You were one of the first bloggers to make me feel welcome and show me some ropes when I just started blogging! Thank you Kimba <3

      Delete
  9. I am still starstruck whenever an author tweets me back or comments on my blog-- it's incredble!! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol me too! It absolutely makes my day... The biggest Author to ever reply to a tweet of mine was Cassandra Clare.. even if she did only say Thanks! I love helping the up and coming authors too as you never know if they are gonna be the next big sensation too!

      Delete
  10. I didn't really think about the global aspect of blogging, but it is so cool to be a part of a community that literally spans the globe! You get so many perspectives and learn many new things! It is SO COOL!

    Thanks for stopping by! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! 90% of all my blog visits and all the people I chat are outside of my own country. I think my friends might visit my blog to support me but all my bookish conversations are with people all over the world. Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  11. Great list! I love your point about meeting people all over the world, that's so true. I also think part of that is also getting to see the different book designs in different parts of the world. I'm always surprised at how much covers need to be altered from one market to another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true, I never really understood why UK and USA have different covers for the same books but I guess the different markets do require different aspects. 90% of the time I always prefer the USA cover.

      Delete
  12. Oh, I TOTALLY agree with your point about authors visiting your blog. There is nothing like posting a glowing review, and hearing from the author because of it. AHH. Best feeling ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! The best feeling ever and I love getting to work with them, whether it be guest posts or interviews :)

      Delete
  13. I agree about the free books, it's such a wonderful thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful. I find it super exciting when you get it directly from the Author!

      Delete
  14. One of my favorite things has been to talk to authors. Usually through twitter but still great. A lot of them have even joined in a a few Q&As with my book club on goodreads which is pretty amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty amazing! I wish I could go to all those awesome book conventions where you can actually meet them and get your books signed. Maybe one day... *sigh*

      Delete
  15. I love this topic and seeing everyone's reasons for being a reader and blogger.
    Awesome list <3

    Here's our TTT
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Thank you for the visit Doris :)

      Delete
  16. I love yours!! And I totally agree with the first one. I have zero friends-in-real-life that I can fangirl and obsess over books with. I absolutely love how easy it is to connect in the blogging community. Everyone is so nice and I've made SO many friends since I started blogging seriously last year. :) Books rock! Here's my TTT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear it! Book love in this community is awesome and I love how it brings us all over the world together <3

      Delete
  17. Thanks for sharing your list. The book community is really my favorite part of blogging. Ha! As far as book covers go, I usually prefer the UK cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree, I love connecting with people all over the world! One day when i am a best selling author myself I will go and visit them all!! *dreams*

      Covers - just goes to show, different markets have different tastes. I haven't really compared them too much :)

      Delete
  18. 4. I love it that someone somewhere in the world appreciates my words! I love it!! I don´t know how I forget to add that one to my list. Great pick by the way and thanks for commenting on my blog, I am following you back now =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juliet! You never know who is reading your post. I have a widget at the bottom off my blog that counts all the flags from different countries.. I love the thought that people all over the world have stopped by my blog <3

      Delete
  19. Great list - love being part of the blogging community too!

    ReplyDelete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.