Thursday, 13 February 2014

That's what He Said #3 ~ The Rising by Terra Harmony

CB_TWHST2
Every Thursday Chapterbreak.net host a meme called: 
That’s what HE said Thursday. 

Come join us every Thursday by posting a favorite line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind these are direct quotes from dialogue in a book. It is NOT a physical description of a male protag or a paragraph of dialogue. It is a line spoken by our favorite heroes to their lucky ladies (whom we so wish we were!!!!!!)

The Rising (The Painted Maidens #1) 
by Terra Harmony


"Wait," she says, pulling her hand out of his and placing it on his chest, a buffer between their bodies.
This is happening too fast. He is too old for me.
Serena bites her lip. "I'm sorry." She looks down, preferring the safe, murky depths of the ocean to the wild in his eyes.
Raising his fingertips to just under her chin, Kai tilts her face up so she is forced to look at him. "Don't look down, Serena. It's okay if you are not ready. Like I said – you are worth waiting for, and I will wait for you until my last breath."



Book Description:
Fifteen-year-old Serena is the youngest member of a dying race. The increasing acidity of the ocean is destroying her home, slowly eating away at the once thriving underwater landscape. But since the night of Serena’s birth, it is an outside force that most threatens their dwindling population. Werewolves, who once served as protectors for mermaids in the Kingdom of the Undine, now seek to eliminate all who dwell in the ocean — and Serena is about to find herself right in the middle of the deadly conflict.

Given the title of Werewolf Liaison, Serena is determined to make things right for her people. When she ventures to The Dry, she meets Liam, the werewolf with hazel eyes, and her whole world gets turned upside down. As Serena discovers the real history between werewolves and mermaids, she is left wondering who her true enemies are

~~~

This was an awesome scene in the book and I cannot wait to see what Terra has in store in the next book!!



14 comments:

  1. I have one that I am sharing in a teaser in a few weeks... Masquerade by Nyrae Dawn

    “Which door?” Maddox’s gravelly voice sounds almost like a growl.

    “What if I don’t tell you?”

    His grip on me tightens. “Then I’ll use the wall.”


    *Snickers*
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! I love humor in a book, especially if it plays up the romance <3

      Delete
  2. Awww, so sweet. This one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer :) I really enjoyed this one!

      Delete
  3. *swoony sigh* what a wonderful quote, I hope to meet Liam soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes Kai is Swoony!! Liam is awesome and my favourite character :)

      Delete
  4. This guy sounds like a nice guy. I also like mermaid books. So I'll have to read this someday :) Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kai is awesome :) Hope you do give it a try someday, it's a great escape!

      Delete
  5. aw I like Kai! He sounds like a romantic <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is! He has a great presence about him in the book too :)

      Delete
  6. I love this meme! What a great idea! Thanks for posting, Chene. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It is awesome to re-live and share the special swoonworthy moments all over again <3

      Delete
  7. You know, normally I would not be one to read a mermaid book, but this one sounds interested. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give it a try sometime :) Thanks for the visit Rose!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.