Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Teaser Tuesday #14 City of Bones by Cassandra Clare




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

 Grab your current read • Open to a random page  • Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here is my teaser for today:

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1)
by Cassandra Clare

Page 82


"Those don't look like knives. How did you make them? Magic?" 
Alec looked horrified, as if she'd had asked him to put on a tutu and execute a perfect pirouette. 
"The funny thing about mundies," Jace said, to nobody in particular, "is how obsessed with magic they are for a bunch of people who don't even know what the word means." 


Books Description
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know... 

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.



~ ~ ~ 

I loved this scene. I burst out laughing when I read Alec's reaction! 
What do you think? Share you teaser in the comments or leave a link to your post!



Love

Chanzie



28 comments:

  1. Despite having a huge following, I haven't actually read anything from Cassandra Clare yet!,when I do though, I will definitely read this book first since this is the series that made her famous in the first place. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read her books for the first time last year October when I saw it as a book club read on Goodreads! I read Clockwork Angel first as it was a prequel to this series and loved it :) Hope you get a chance to check it out soon!

      Delete
  2. Ha! That's an awesome teaser. Loved how Jace and sometimes Alec would make fun of the mundies, like if their world was the most obvious thing in the world and Clary was just being silly. I need to read the rest of the series, I have some serious catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha yes they are such an awesome pair. I loved this teaser because I can just picture Alec's horrified face and him is a pink tutu *rofl* I need to finish this series too... where to find the time *sigh*

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I hope you do get a chance to read this book :) Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  4. The Mortal Instruments is one of my favorite series. Nice pick.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! I am enjoying this series but I loved The Infernal Devices <3 So we will see how it goes :)

      Delete
  5. I liked this series- the original three books were fabulous. Then I kinda lost interest.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Have you tried The Infernal Devices?? They are awesome :)
      Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  6. Great pick, Chanzie!
    I loved this book and I agree with Angela.

    Here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia :) Well I hope i love them anyway, I bought the entire series in December!! Plus I loved the Infernal Devices to pieces :)

      Delete
  7. There's so many great lines in this book. As a series, I think it is inferior to The Infernal Devices, but you got to love the characters, which really make CC's worlds so much more interesting for me. My fave quote (at the mo) “If you were half as funny as you think you are, you'd be twice as funny as you are now.” Jace is wicked :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, so far I adore The Infernal Devices and it is my favourite series. I love that quote too! There really are too many awesome quotes to choose from :)

      Delete
  8. ooh I forgot how much I enjoyed these books! The movie was a total bust for me, but the books are great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :) I love it when I get positive comments about a series!! I loved the movie anyway, mostly because I had not read the book I think. Thanks for the visit Mary :)

      Delete
  9. Although I don't read much fantasy, I think I'd like this series. I like the clever idea of "mundies" (AKA "mundanes") plus the fact that there's a murder mystery involved. Sounds like a good plot.
    My Teaser is from WILD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find some time to give it a try :) It is quite a well written adventure!

      Delete
  10. Ok I am reading this book next week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Yay Yay!! *happy dance* I cannot wait for your review too and then we can have an awesome discussion about it <3

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Happy to hear it <3 Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  12. I really love this series!!! The movie doesn't do it justice!

    Angie
    Top Ten Book Covers to Frame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited to read the rest of this series!!

      Delete
  13. I haven't read this series but, but I've heard a lot of good things. I loved this teaser! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my teasers (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I hope you get to try it out soon. I now wonder why I wanted so long to start them... Thanks for the visit :)

      Delete
  14. I love Jace!! Glad you are reading this series! I can't wait for the last book!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jace is awesome but I still love Jem to pieces.. I cannot wait for you to read TID next month <3 Thanks for the visit Naomi!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.