Friday, 7 February 2014

Mini Book Review: Vampire in the Shadows (Guardian Witch #1.5) by Ally Shields

Series: Guardian Witch #1.5
Publication Date: January 2013
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: Author (In exchange for an honest Review), Free on website

Goodreads Synopsis:
The following story takes place between books one and two of the Guardian Witch series and is told from the point of view of Andreas, the vampire. If you haven't read Awakening the Fire, some of the events mentioned will be unknown to you. 

You can download the entire story as a doc file or pdf. I hope you enjoy it.


My Review:
This book is actually set from the story line from book 2, while Andreas is trying to figure out what to do with his feelings and protectiveness for her. 

I loved that this is Andreas POV. Getting inside his mind was an exciting sneak peak. This novella was a sweet read, you get to see his thoughts and his true feelings for Ari. 

I like the way Ally has included and split up the weretiger/wolf/bears


Plot, Pace, Writing style 
As always Ally has a great writing style and great pace for this short story. 

Final Thoughts: This is a nice little quick read between books. 

My Rating:




Books in the series:









Author Bio:
I write urban fantasy/supernatural mysteries. The first three novels in the series have been released and Blood and Fire is scheduled for the fall of 2013. I am currently working hard on book 5. When not writing, I read multiple genres--urban fantasy, thrillers, mysteries, romance, and I love to travel--anywhere, anytime. I live in the Midwest with my miniature pinscher Ranger within driving distance of the Mississippi River that is the setting for my books.

Author Links: Goodreads l Twitter l Blog



Love

Chanzie





10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed this novella. These little novellas can be such fun reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I love this series.. I am excited to progress with this series :) Keep an eye out for a guest post from the awesome Ally and a giveaway!!

      Delete
  2. Great review Chanzie! Glad you enjoyed this installment of the series! I love the covers of the books...

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) I think the covers get better with each book!

      Delete
  3. Finding a very good free novella seems like a mission impossible most of the times, doesn't it? So I'm really happy you found an enjoyable one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true :) I am lucky I have not come across a bad one yet!

      Delete
  4. I'm so lost right now, haven't read any of these books. On a side note, I like reading novellas because they are fun quick reads and usually about characters we wished to know more about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol why you lost sweetie?? Exactly :) that is the reason I have enjoyed Novella's this far too!

      Delete
  5. Hey, Chene! Thanks for the nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Ally :) Thank you for allowing me to review your books!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.