Monday, 17 February 2014

Mini Book Review: Reckoning (Night Huntress #0.5) by Jeaniene Frost

Series: Night Huntress #0.5
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers
Publication Date: 29 November 2011
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Fantasy
Source: Purchase - Kalahari.com

Goodreads Synopsis:
In New Orleans, a pair of undead serial killers is about to turn Mardi Gras into a horror show - unless the immortal hitman Bones can hunt them down first. From Jeaniene Frost comes a thrilling novella featuring characters from her New York Times bestselling Night Huntress series. Originally appeared in the anthology Unbound.




My Review:
Although I only read this book after I listened to Halfway to the Grave on audio, I still enjoyed it. 
I really loved the French theme in the book, especially the French phrases. 
It's awesome to get a look at Bones before he meets Cat, and I love his witty, dry and sarcastic humor. Reckoning shows that Bones is completely all work and minimal play - yet at the same time he has to fight not to care about the people that get caught in the crossfire. 

Plot, Pace, Writing style: 4/5  
The pace is perfect and fast for a Novella and the plot is good. Jeaniene has a fantastic writing style and you can picture everything perfectly - as she describes it. 

Cover talk: 4/5
 I really like the cover. It's intriguing and spooky. It would have been awesome if they had used Bones or the LaLauries somewhere in there too. 

Final Thoughts: 
Reckoning is a light and juicy read, whetting the appetite for an amazing series!

My Rating:


Books in the series:







Author Bio:
Jeaniene Frost is the New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of the Night Huntress series, the Night Prince series, and the upcoming Broken Destiny series. To date, foreign rights for her novels have sold to twenty different countries. Jeaniene lives in North Carolina with her husband Matthew, who long ago accepted that she rarely cooks and always sleeps in on the weekends. Aside from writing, Jeaniene enjoys reading, poetry, watching movies with her husband, exploring old cemeteries, spelunking and traveling – by car. Airplanes, children, and cook books frighten her.

Author Links:Goodreads l Twitter l Website


Love

Chanzie


6 comments:

  1. It is so tricky deciding when you should read novellas. Glad to hear you enjoyed this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been quite lucky so far - I haven't read a 'bad' novella :) I love the little extra inside scoops and glimpses you get of the characters you love!

      Delete
  2. You know what..... I don't think I've read this novella!! I've read almost all the other books in this series, but somehow missed this one!! great review, will have to fix that!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to FictFacts.. I hopefully won't miss a Novella :) They even email me when new books/novella's get added to an existing series/author I follow!

      Delete
  3. Great! This sound like I could get through it quickly. I need to get back in this series, sadly I quit after book 3 because I was unhappy with Bone's voice (audio..lol), but I think (I know) I'm missing a great series here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm really? I loved the audio when I listened to book 1 (review coming friday), when I read this novella I could even hear it. I really hope you maybe give the books a shot then :) I have heard sooo many great things about the rest of this series. I'd love to know if you enjoy it further :) Thanks for the visit!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.