Monday, 24 February 2014

Guest Post: Ally Shields ~ Top 5 Paranormal Romance Covers




This week I am featuring the lovely Ally Shields, Author of the Guardian Witch series!!
Check out my review of book 1 - Awakening the fire, here and her novella, Vampire in the Shadows here



Awesome Paranormal Romance Covers

When asked to chose my five favorite paranormal romance covers, I knew I couldn't do it. There are just too many excellent choices! But I can show you five that I think are awesome!

Before I list the five I've chosen—and in no particular order—I should mention how I judge a cover:

1. Does it tell me something about the story or characters? Other than it's a romance.
2. Does it catch my attention?
3. Does it include or imply paranormal elements?


One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost has one of the best covers I've seen. It is wonderfully dark and atmospheric, has good clarity, and tells a story. The reader knows immediately what type of book this is. If I hadn't already read it, I would pick this book from the cover alone!
Dream Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon is another terrific cover. While there is no specific paranormal element in the picture, who can doubt this is an otherworldly atmosphere? And could he be more dark and dangerous?

Adding a lighter note is Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory. The reader knows exactly what this story will be like from the first glance at the cover: paranormal chicklit. Looking at it always makes me smile!

Kim Harrison has several good covers, but I particularly like this one from Every Which Way But Dead. You don't get much more eye-catching than this, and you know right away you're dealing with a kick-ass heroine!

My last cover is Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh. I have to admit I haven't yet read this book, but I love the evocative cover and have the novel on my wish list. It meets all my criteria and then some.


Now I realize not everyone has the same taste, so what paranormal romance covers would make your Awesome List?








Love

Ally

~ ~ ~

Ally's post definitely had me thinking about my favourite cover so I though I would add in my two cents!

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. These covers are absolutely stunning, once you have read the story and you take a closer look at the covers, you definitely see the significance. I read the eBooks first but they are so gorgeous I need a set on my bookshelf!






Tangled Tides by Karen Amanda Hooper.  
I fell in love with this cover from the moment I saw it, the effects are stunning and it is rare to find a great mermaid book!

Grave Mercy by Robin la Fevers
From this cover you just know it is going to be a kick ass read with a awesome heroine. I have not read this book yet, but it is on my bookshelf! 


~ ~ ~

Want a peak at Ally's covers for her Guardian Witch covers???
Gorgeous right.. My favourite is Blood & Fire!
Check them out on Goodreads



~ ~ ~

So what do you think? What makes a cover memorable for you?










6 comments:

  1. Yep ladies, I have to agree about the covers! Awesome choices! Although Nalini Singhs books have different covers in Aus. And Chanzie.... The Infernal Devices books are at my Library, ready for me to pick them up!! Whoo hoo!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get different covers in Aus? I knew UK and USA had different covers, didn't know it applied there to. We usually just get the USA covers here in SA.
      *Eeeeek* I am so excited for you to read these books #happiness I have 2 books to read to get to Chasing the Star Garden!

      Delete
  2. Great choices! Tangled Tides really shines :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvia! I loved TT too.. and the next one was also stunning Dangerous Depths. I bet the final installment will be just as gorgeous :)

      Delete
  3. I love talking about covers! When they say you can't judge a book by its cover, people forget that this is the very thing we notice first when browsing book shelves. If it has a beautiful cover, you bet it would fly off the shelves. ;) My favorite covers are The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa, The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter and The Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent (especially the last omnibus!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I believe the cover is 100% just as important as the story. The Iron Fey does have awesome covers, I have yet to read this series. Will check out the rest sometime :) Thanks for the visit!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.