Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Topic of Light: The Five Levels of Attachment: Chapter 1 ~ An exploration of perception and potential (Part 2)

Hello lovelies

Welcome back to another topic of light. I split up last week's chapter as there was so much to cover and I did not want the post to even be too long, but cutting out certain aspects would take away from the meaning of the message. Yesterday I received a rude comment on one of my previous posts and initially it upset me a bit, but taking a few deep breathes I let it go and focused on not taking it personally. Maybe it wasn't rude but I perceived it as harsh criticism. After I put it in perspective I let it go and am grateful I have been working through these books, which is helping me on more levels than I realise and I hope it brings something to your life as well. 

This incident reminded me that if we look for harshness in the world, we will find it - the same goes for beauty. Even if harshness does come knocking at your door, you do not have to answer or lower yourself to that level. Life will test us, how we deal with it is up to us. 

Another lesson I remembered from a previous post was that the more we re-tell and talk about the negative or gossip, the more power we give it over us in our lives. It is like a negative poison, let it go. Be happy, be positive and live a better life. Day by day and action by action. 

The Toltec wisdom stays with me and I chose to live my life this way. I connect with the simplicity and basis of these teachings.  

Please remember, this is only my personal interpretation. If you enjoy the parts I cover I do encourage you to purchase this book to get a more clear and thorough picture of the Toltec Teachings

Don't mistake perfection for imperfection
"I was attached to my belief that perfection is something to be attained through hard work and dedication - and I still had a long way to go. How could I be perfect? I hadn't yet accomplished my goals: I wasn't what I wanted to be." ~ The Five Levels of attachment

Have you ever felt this way? I have, quite a few times. Awareness of a situation or mindset is always to first step to change, along with willingness. How much happier would you be if you realised it is OK to just be you. People will still love you if you are just you. If they don't, then they don't deserve you in their life. 

We are our own worst critiques. We judge our imperfections and then punish ourselves because we don't meeting these standards we set for ourselves. 

"We eventually acquire a definition of perfection that has nothing to do with actual perfection: 'being free from all flaws or defects'." ~ The Five Levels of Attachment

This is a difficult concept - It is tougher to implement it that it is to talk about. This all becomes one big viscous circle. We set standards, our self-love becomes conditional, we don't meet standards =  we punish ourselves or we do meet standards = we move the goal post. 
"When you understand that you are perfect just the way you are, you will see that everything is perfect just the way it is."~ The Five Levels of Attachment
We don't just wake up and believe we are perfect and all is well. It takes desire, willingness and commitment. 
"In order to learn this lesson, I needed to stop judging myself for not meeting my own expectation and accept myself for who I am at this very moment. I began at the beginning, learning to love myself and giving gratitude every morning for being alive." ~ The Five Levels of Attachment.
We are a work in progress, an master piece that is never ending and continually improving. We grow, we develop and we learn. 

Once you start removing your belief filters, you will be amazed at what you find and what you see. Instead of creating a story you want to believe but will never achieve, invest in who you are right now and grow from there. When our actions come from a place of love, they are so much more fulfilling. 

"I spent many years trying to live up to those images I created of myself before discovering that this is who I am - no story needed. It's really me. I am perfect at this very moment, and that is all I need to enjoy my life."
~
"I have always been perfect, and so have you. When we can't perceive this, it's because we are too busy judging everything for not being something other than what it is."
~ The Five Levels of Attachment

A better definition of perfection is: "I am because I am at this moment."

Freedom is the ability to enjoy life exactly as you are with suppressing any beliefs or judgments. Just be. Be who you are and mean who you are. 

If we try change before we have accepted who we are, we are only creating more illusions and false images of ourselves. If we want to change after we have accepted who we are, this comes from a place of love and we change because we want to and not because we have to. 
"Love is no longer the condition for change, it is the starting point for change. This is the true meaning of unconditional love." ~ The Five  Levels of Attachment
What a wonderful teaching. My wish for you this week is to love who you are and and make love your starting point. 


Love

Chanzie



12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post, Chanzie! That's a lovely wish and what you wrote in the first part: "be happy, be positive and live a better life", it's definitely something very true we should all keep in mind every day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Silvia :) In the beginning it's tough but with practice it becomes a way of life!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous post Chene!! I love these pieces of advice and wisdom, freeing myself from comparing, fearing and worry what others think has given me peace. I like for the moment and stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimba :) It's always lovely to hear from people who have succeeded and are still in that happy accepting place <3

      Delete
  3. Wow girl, what a beautiful post. It certainly gives all readers something to think about!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi :) I am so glad you enjoyed it <3

      Delete
  4. I so agree, if we expect negativity, we will get it. I try to live my life as positively as possible. I am sorry that the comment hurt you but I am happy you are moving on from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer :) It is tough to be positive all the time but it is always worth it!

      Delete
  5. This is another lovely and thoughtful post, and it is very timely for me. I definitely need to remind myself that striving for some ideal version of perfection is never going to work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love it when I get messages saying a quote or post is perfectly timed!! You are wonderful Pamela :) Stay awesome <3

      Delete
  6. I love the reference to fear. It is much easier to run away when you have something to run away to, but much better to face things and rise. As for the negative comment, such people live their whole lives spreading bile. Who cares what this person thinks? You are so much better than that, forget these nobodies and move on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True is easier to run away but the thing with life is, you cannot outrun something you have to deal with forever. Eventually we all have to deal with stuff the best we can. Thank you for your kind words John :)

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.