Friday, 3 January 2014

January MWYA Buzz

Hello everybody and welcome back to a New Year!!

I hope you had a wonderful and restful December holidays. I had a wonderful time, took a little break from all PC's and spent lots of time having fun in the sun! 

I am quite excited, together with Pamela @ Reading is Fun again & Nicole @ Chicken Soup from A Bookworm's Soul, we will be launching a reading Challenge so keep an eye out for the post!! 

Over December  I was quite excited, I entered into the LitBits weekend writing challenges. I didn't win or come in the top 6 but I had so much fun and think I might even make these short stories into a book!!  

Last month
I know December was a quite blogging month but here is what did go on:


This month
upcoming reviews sneak peak: 

New on my bookshelf: Nothing!! I was so good, trying to tackle what I have. what did help was that I avoid shopping centres as much as I can over the silly season...

Competition wins:
Dragon Craving & Gargoyl Addiction by Livia Olteano through Diamond @ Dee's Reads
Concordia by MaryAnn Bernal through Lynda @ Books Direct


This Years challenges
Last year read 18878 pages = 62 books!
Here are my challenges I will participating in this year:




GoodReads


2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
ChenĂ© has
read 0 books toward her goal of 80 books.


Read Sleep Repeat's 2014 Series Challenge
Bookish's 2014 TBR Pile reading Challenge
Rachel @ Fiktshunand Reanna @ Phantasmic Reads2014 Review Pile Reading Challenge

~ Blogoverse: Blog of the Month ~


The Blogoverse Buzz will have a quick feature of a blog that stood out to me and made a difference in my blogoverse.. in other words they have a really amazing blog!


This month I picked John from The Write Thought. John is a fun, happy and supportive friend! He is an author and blogger.. keep an eye out for my review of his book Dark Winter next week Friday :) 


Hello John, welcome to the Mean Who You Are blogoverse 
Thank you Chene for inviting me! 

Please introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself:
I'm a martial artist teacher, writer, reader, and a sometime blogger. 

When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in 2013.Back in 2011, the book publisher of the martial arts book suggested having a blog, and set one up for me. I never really used it. I suppose I felt all I had to say, was in the book, and that it would take forever to build up an audience. In addition, there's a lot of trolling in the martial arts world. Constant battles - from the comfort of behind a keyboard, that 'this style is better' or 'I could beat you up' or whatever. I'm a bit nervous of opening myself up in the way the blogging allows. 

With my current blog, the focus was on the book community, and appealed to the kind of books I read. I have come into contact with many great people because of this blog, and the community on Good Reads. So I suppose I started this blog with the idea of talking to others about books I like. My interests have broadened considerably as a result, and I'm grateful for that. In turn, I hope that others get something from my blog too.

I don't feel I am an 'author', I think that is a title reserved for great writers, accomplished writers. But in the same breath, I don't feel I deserve the titles some in the martial arts world bestow on themselves, Let the work speak for itself. The writing is just a project for me, but I am learning all the time.

Blogging helps develop the writing muscles too!

Best thing for you about blogging and the not so great thing?
Best thing is knowing that someone, somewhere, will read the blog and get something from it. In addition, it’s knowing that some people will take an interest and pass their view, on your viewpoint. Whether or not they agree with me, I don’t mind. It is just nice to have the interaction.

Keeping things fresh and interesting for viewers, I suppose is the hardest thing. 

What are your top 3 books / series?
1. Pet Semetary by Stephen King
2. Nineteen-Eighty-Four by George Orwell
3. Rebecca’s World by Terry Nation

Favorite TV Series or Movie that was based on a book?
Lord of the Rings. Although some liberties were taken, it was a tremendous adaptation.

What's your guilty pleasure? Chocolate, probably. 

What is the best thing that has happened to you since you started blogging:
The really great people I have gotten to know, some of which I am honoured to call my friend.

Best piece of advice you received about blogging?
Not sure I have received any…I am still new to this game!

If you could have lunch 3 Characters, who would they be? 
Katniss Everdeen, Gandalf, Luna Lovegood

Quick quiz round:
Fav tv show: Star Trek Deep Space Nine
Fav movie: Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Coffee or tea or Hot Chocolate: Tea.
Dream Vacation place: Canada.
Vanilla or chocolate: Chocolate.

John's Social Media Links: Twitter l Good Reads l Blog 

~~~

Thats a wrap!! How was your December Holidays?? what did you get up to this silly season??

Love
Chanzie

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning some prizes! I am excited about the readathon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela :) I think I have a huge catch up of entering to do on goodreads soon! All these challenges are exciting, let's hope I can keep track :)

      Delete
  2. Winning prizes is cool, you'll have to let me know what that's like xD...enjoy your reading Chene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John :) Winning stuff is fun, just takes a little bit of extra time to enter the competitions!

      Delete
  3. Nice month, and you did great on your yearly challenge. Good luck with 2014. You won some nice prizes, and thanks for introducing us to John :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimba :) You did amazing too!! I am glad everyone can get to know John and what an amazing person he is too :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your book challenge... I haven't picked a number yet... We'll see!!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    P.S. Sorry I’m late ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi :) It's ok.. we all still getting back into the swing of things :) I am just happy to hear from you!!

      Delete

~ Hearing from you makes me Happy ~
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate all comments & read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.